Do You Believe In "God"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Leaving, do you believe in whatever YOUR defintion of God is? Does he exist or not?

Well, somebody loves me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I believe there is a Creator.
    I care to call him "God"
    But I speak to HIS side kick JESUS!
    & I ask the Teacher He sent >HOLY SPIRIT
    to guide ,lead, & direct me. so far so good.
    Except for when I mess us & do my own thing which is often

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I think there is intelligence behind the creation of the universe. I think God is fairly undefinable, though. Humans try, but they'll never be able to grasp the complexity of it. But, we can know enough to get by. And, I believe spirituality is innate to humans and needs some sort of expression.

What I don't believe in is organized religion. It's largely a failure in helping people become more spiritual. That, you've got to do on your own terms.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

As I deist I do 99% believe there is a God ( I reserve the last 1% as I am only human and a tad reluctant to say anything is 100% set in stone). I dont believe that God has a personal name or even requires one, is either male or female, interacts with us via prophets or messangers/angels, or is the 'spirit being/3headedthingy/joho/yehoo written about in the bible. I believe I am closer and yet still far away from finding "the truth"- Iam a seeker that made it through the laberinth of religious doctrine to come out the other end wiser, still a bit sore (I was a nicer person before I got the religion bug), but I am now more at peace within myself than I have felt in years. I will admit that giving up the illusion of control is proving to be difficult at times but instead of praying I meditate to commune with god- no words, just emotion.

Even though I do not believe that Jesus was the god/son of god that the bible says he was/is... if he did say most of what was written in the NT then he was right- to understand god we need to be as babes, admit to our true nature, be humble and approch everything with our eyes open as we are but sheep amoung the wolves. Seek and you will find, keep knocking and the door will eventually open.

Here is one from me- if God is love and love is a gift, then this is a gift worth sharing!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i used to

• Robdar
    Robdar
    if God is love and love is a gift, then this is a gift worth sharing!

BEAUTIFUL!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Absolutely YES, I believe in God!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I believe in God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have no Idea if God Exists..

I know beer exists..

Thats good enough for me!!

Canada`s answer to every problem imaginable!!

....... Beer!!......

............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

Didn't we just have a roll call?

How many here actually still believe that there is a God??

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit