Do You Believe In "God"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know many people simply think that believing in a "God" is simply ridiculous. I don't. I can't necessarily "prove" that God cares, or that God exists but I'll tell you what---when something awful happens I do pray to God and hope for the best.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Do You Believe In "God"?

Yes, of course.

Minimus, my advise is don't just leave it until the chips are down to contact God. He is there to help in the good times and the bad.

All the best,

Stephen

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If this is a poll, count me as a believer.

Outaservice

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please define 'God'.

Then, we can proceed.

• minimus
    minimus

Leaving, do you believe in whatever YOUR defintion of God is? Does he exist or not?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a good one

• Main Entry: 1 god
    • Pronunciation: \'gäd also 'g?d\
    • Function: noun
    • Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god
    • Date: before 12th century

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Yeah, which God are you referring to? Or do you just mean a general first cause?

A first cause is 'possible' although there are plenty of other explanations for the existence of the universe & the first cause itself would still require explanation.

As for the idea of a personal God as worshipped by many religions, the answer is a pretty obvious no.

However, higher lifeforms? Possibly... but who knows. Non-corporial lifeforms? Once again, possibly, but pretty unlikely & not really worth investigating yet scientifically, in my opinion.

• Psychotic Parrot
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Yes, I believe in a Creator.

• minimus
    minimus

This thread will be revealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit