Ordained Ministers of J.W. part 1

by bobld 28 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Renni: yes young baptisms do happen but they are exceptions rather than the norm.

sorry girl, but that is a bold faced LIE! you should know better than to state something that is so easy for ANYONE to have witnessed this summer at conventions............minors are almost ALWAYS to biggest group to be baptized.......and it makes me sick that JW teens are too immature to date.......those bloomin youths........yet are mature enought to commit to serving god and wt forever?.........oompa

and yes bo i agree it it lunacy to call such uneducated people and kids ordained ministers.......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course your right Oompa..

But..

Reniaa is too busy thinking about Sex,to get anything right..

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Blues Brother is 100% correct. In JW lingo, ordained minister is not the same as clergy in other Christian religions. Elders and higher are legally considered JW clergy (and before someone says anything about there being no JW clergy see every child abuse court case where the WTS sucessfully argued clergy privilege for their elders & COs)

However, the comments about child baptism being unusual is most certainly not the case in the English speaking congregations in the US. For example, at a DC I recently attended with around 7,000 folks there were around 35 baptized. Of that number, the youngest was 9, the oldest was in her 70s. But, I kept count and of the 35 that were baptized, 25 of them appeared to be 18 or younger. And, no I didn't ask each one for their ID but they were clearly very young. In my opinion and experience with children, there is little difference between an infant getting baptized and a 9 year old. Especially when the penalty of changing your mind at a later date means being cut off from your entire social and support circle.

As for young kids getting pregnant, it is a huge SOCIETIAL problem. Again, a local example in local congregation here in the past 2 years, 4 different girls (1 - 16, 1-17,1-19 and 1 - 22) ALL unmarried, all pregnant. There are only 10 girls in that age range in the congregation. I'm not saying that 40% of the teenage JW kids are having kids out of wedlock, but to make the statement that it doesn't happen is outrageous. I would venture to say that the instance of JW teenage pregnancy is on par with the rest of society as we know from the Pew report that their divorce rate is about the same as the general population.

Bottom line, JWs are no different from society in having family problems. However, that flies in the whole "spiritual paradise" claim that JWs are the happiest, most well adjusted group on the planet - comments that I've directly heard from WTS representatives including GB members.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren, at what age did you get baptized, and when was you disfellowshipped? and when do you plan in getting R/I ed?

• bobld
    bobld

I appreciate all your comments and will not reply to all.rebel8 asked"Do you have any info on when the ordination at baptism began?" No,but I hear it at every baptism talk.Also I see the GB trained you well to be an ordinary ordained minister.See BluesBrother comment.However I would add you are trained to recruit more sales people and sell more mags/books for the WBTS.

Satanus,re.'Supreme Court of the USA valid baptism of J.W." I may be wrong but I believe it had to do with Theological training in a seminary to be qualified as an ordained minister.Other religions felt since J.W. did not go to seminar school they didn't qualify as O.M.

I am not sure how it would play today with all the human rights,young children working as slaves in sweat factories in China/India etc.Can this be compared to 9 year old baptised J.W. as an O.M.

Also how can you discipline a 9 year old as an O.M. who is still growing,developing,maturing not really responsable for a whole lot,will pout when asked to clean her/his room.Will throw a tantum.

The WBTS/GB should come clean an be honest they are using this tactic getting young ones into their Org. without a way out.As can be seen here of the many who try to escape but at a very high price.The pain,sorrow,tears .................................sad.I am sorry for the rambling.They should make it clear what it means.Why rush to get little ones baptised.AH,the GB knows that once one is mature they see the scam.

Bob

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The topic of the thread is Jehovah's Witnesses becoming Ordained Ministers at baptism. The topic is not infant baptism.

• aniron
    aniron

I would like to see a reply by Rennia to the video that Gordy put up about the Watchtower and Child Baptism.

But that would all depend on whether she will watch it.

Better to ignore the truth than have to defend a lie.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If a baby is baptized as a Catholic (and it does happen), it is not an ordained minister. Only those who are deemed mature are ordained as ministers.

If a 6-year old witless is baptized, that 6 year old is now an ordained minister without any further questions.

Reason: Once you are an ordained minister, you are now responsible for the spiritual condition of those in your territory. If you are baptized, you discharge that responsibility by doing field circus--and the title is there to make sure it's clear they are expected to regularly do field circus. This does not happen in the Catholic church.

Additionally, infants that are baptized in another church are free to leave that church without too much damage at a later time. That is not true with the Jehovah's Witlesses.

• rebel8
    rebel8

hum, interesting--thanks for the info....so wts uses doubletalk....ordained minister means clergy when we want it to, doesn't mean clergy when we don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit