Ordained Ministers of J.W. part 1

by bobld 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

If we are going by personal experences mine are there is usually one teenager getting baptised, one very elderly lady that needs help down the steps and a quite a few middle-aged studies.

experiences are not fact so anyone got any real stats to back up their generalisations?

Then you should move to were I live in the Merseyside area. In my experience of 30 years as a JW I saw many a child being baptised. In fact they became more prevelant as the years went by.

Have a look as this video

http://youtube.com/v/9l8ELIQEdZE

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/165182/1/WT-Comments-Child-Baptism-VIDEO

• Satanus
    Satanus

*** w54 3/1 pp. 138-139 The Meaning of Baptism Today ***

AN ORDINATION CEREMONY?

The Associated Press dispatches reporting on the 1953 mass baptism of Jehovah’s witnesses in connection with their international assembly stated that Jehovah’s witnesses considered their baptism as an ordination ceremony and that each baptized witness was an ordained minister. Upon what grounds do they base their position?

In the first place, it, the baptism, being performed at God’s command, is recognized by him as authoritative. It represents their agreement to follow in the footsteps of Christ Jesus, who certainly was the minister of Jehovah God. This ordination is further recognized as authoritative by the instrument God is using at the present time to give an effective and harmonious witness to his name and kingdom, namely, the Watch Tower Society. And on November 30, 1953, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that this baptism of immersion by Jehovah’s witnesses is a valid ceremony of ordination within the meaning of the law for Jehovah’s witnesses. Incidentally, the 1954 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses shows that 50,665 ministers were thus ordained during 1953.

----

Sad, that teenage jws become ordained ministers. Jesus, for example, waited until he was 30 yrs old.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Further, the wt claims that ALL jws are priests.

----

*** w63 3/1 p. 145 par. 12 The General Priesthood Today ***

Normally, nobody gets ordained without special academic training, and they dress differently from the rest, at least when officiating. Any exceptions are so rare that they only emphasize the rule. In Protestant churches it is not as in the early church, where, according to Norwegian professor Hallesby, “all ceremonies of the church could be performed by any Christian.”

*** w63 3/1 pp. 146-147 pars. 16-18 The General Priesthood Today ***

In these last days of this old system of things, the promised, final, lasting and full-scale outpouring of the spirit has been fulfilled on Jehovah’s witnesses and not on Christendom’s Catholic and Protestant churches. The proof is that Jehovah’s witnesses not only understand and acknowledge the Biblical teaching of the general priesthood, but they are also able to practice it.—Acts 2:17, 18.

17 From the earliest beginning of their modern history, Jehovah’s witnesses have had the right understanding of that doctrine, as shown by an article published under the heading “The Royal Priesthood” in the very first issue of their official journal Zion’s Watch Tower (now The Watchtower) of July, 1879. After referring to the four key scriptures of the Christian Greek Scriptures about the general priesthood (1 Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:5, 6; 5:10; 20:6) the article says: “The above scriptures clearly teach that a part, at least, of our work in the future will be to officiate as the priests of God. As the work of a priest is one of intercession and of instruction in righteousness, they as clearly prove that the glorious work of evangelization will go on . . . through the ‘age of the ages’. . . . We . . . shall go forth a royal priesthood, according to the order of Melchisedec, fully prepared to sympathize with the nations, to lead them to the paths of righteousness, and to encourage them in the way of life.”

18 Looking back on their history, however, it is observed that, although the Witnesses understood the importance of every Christian being an active public teacher of God’s Word since 1879, it was not until 1919, and in particular 1922, that they found the courage and strength to organize and practice the general priesthood to the fullest extent according to the methods of the early church.

----

And so, 10 yr old jw priests go door knocking, selling mags on saturday mornings.

S

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Any religion that condones baptism of anyone that is not an adult should be questioned - and for anyone that wants to argue - look to your exempler Jesus Christ, the son of God, perfect and he got baptised at 30!!!!!!!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AGREED COMPLETELY LOUBELLE

• out4good3
    out4good3

I would just like to stick up for all the 14 year olds that are not picking out baby clothes or being thrown into a cult, but are becoming responsible young adults, learning and growing without the pressure of trying to convert anyone into a religion they are not mature enough to fully know about.

Thank you. Not all teenagers who are not geting dunked at WT conventions are running causing the mayhem and trying to screw every and each other in site.I'd say that a large majority of them are working on becoming responsible adults contrary to what those old geriatric in Brooklyn lead their apologists to believe.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, the point here was about what being baptized in the JW's means- that the "candidate" became an ordained minister of the JW's.

As usual, Reniaa is offering a strawman and many of us are biting. What christening or child-baptism means in other religions is a serious concern, but it doesn't change the main point. Other religions were introduced to compare what an ordained minister would be considered qualified to do.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    To be honest I would rather my children thinking of baptism at 14 than picking out baby clothes because they are one of the thousand teen pregnancies we have now. Children thrown into early adulthood because of a worlds obsession with sexuality.

Those are two possible paths among many millions of options for someone that young. They can go into athletics, vandalism, drugs, alcohol, education, religion, raising animals, joining gangs, hiking, eploring, scouting and a myriad combination of these and other activities. It is not merely a dual either/or option.

It is not just an obsession with sexuaity that causes early adulthood. It is a lack of accurate knowledge about avoiding pregnancy, and a lack of easily available birth control options. That obsession is not just "worldly". Sex and religion are to intertwined, like two snakes around a staff. The Catholic church, Watchtower, and American fundamentalists are very obsessed with sex.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To be honest I would rather my children thinking of baptism at 14 than picking out baby clothes because they are one of the thousand teen pregnancies we have now. Children thrown into early adulthood because of a worlds obsession with sexuality.

Reniaa

Reniaa..Do you have a wheelbarrow for all the BS you bring here..LOL!!

I know lots of Non-JW kids who are very moral..

I know JW kids that got pregnant before they were married..

You seem to be very obsessed with sex..

Sex..SEX..SEX!!

Sex and the Trinity..LOL!!

It makes me wonder if you like 3 somes..

......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    To my way of thinking these Ordained Ministers should be qualified to give sound advise or council

To be fair, the term ' minister' can have a range of meanings. The J W minister is not to be confused with an elder.

Dub ministers are ordained to "Preach the Good News", that means to bang on doors, offer magazines and spread the gospel. Every baptized Witness is expected to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit