My JW parents met my wife, but would not see me...

by Confession 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow. How sad that they subject themselves to such needless pain.

I think you handled it very well. Kudos to you and your lovely wife.

Love,
    Baba.

• restrangled
    restrangled

hope that this will hurt you
    Slicing right down to your core
    I want for this to crush you
    So you’ll agree once more
    I’m told that I should “hate” you
    You’re a foe of God above
    I wish that this deflates you
    But I do it out of “love”

No natural affection
    But please always remember
    It’s just punitive correction
    From a former family member

-Confession

I have some music I wrote that match those perfect words....Let me see if they work together, and if they do, I'll send it to you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow. I mean, really Wow!

I admire your ability to deal so well with this. I haven't got that in me. I really don't.

I was reminded, in reading this, of the story of Ron Frey [former Circuit Overseer and author of 'My Christian Quest'], who lost his mom after he had left the religion. When finally told of it, he was subjected to treatment that would only be afforded a leper in some societies; being told conditions for his visit to the funeral home, and having his entire family refuse anything close to gracious treatment of him during his short and only visit back to his families' hometown. He handled it with grace and kindness.

Reading his account had the same effect on me as reading yours. I was livid, and choking back pain at the same time.

Thanx for sharing that. I am glad you found a mate who can show as much grace in so dealing with this. Behind every good man is a great woman.

Peace/Namaste Bro

Jeff

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You were kind to your folks, your wife is a prize and your parents gave a very instructive witness to the entire community. Wow. Successful visit in every way!

• Confession
    Confession

Hey, Restrangled, I'd like to hear the music. Can you send me an mp3?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My husband wanted to do the same thing with my mom, but I was afraid he wouldn't be able to control his anger over the shunning and because she permitted her husband to abuse my brother and me when we were kids.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My husband wanted to do the same thing with my mom, but I was afraid he wouldn't be able to control his anger over the shunning and because she permitted her husband to abuse my brother and me when we were kids.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sorry that happened. Stupid, crazy cult!!!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Confession, you and your wife are the epitomy of grace and kindness. It is so ironic when you think about it - you both have exhibited the Christian qualities that are constantly touted by the JWs and they just can't see that.

Bless you for handling such a difficult situation in such a wise and generous manner. Maybe you will end up reaching their hearts instead of the other way around!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Confession,

That was a very christian thing for you AND your wife to do.

"for if we love those that love us, what does that mean? do not all people do that?"

That was a prime example of the Grace of God working through you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit