WHERE in the bible does it say each creative day was 6,000 years? Ending around 1975??

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Could be 8,000 or 18,000 years long......if to Jehovah each "a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day." 1975 Armagedon theory was based on this. {Notice how this theory has since died off} My wife was told off by an Elder for giving a talk on "creative days not 24 hours" but not stating each was 6,000 years long...she said she didn't believe it....he backed off and said okay then! {It was around 1998}

I remember reading an old Watchtower from the 1960's that said "Jewish Tradition" and "the book of Thomas" {not in the bible} was the basis for this Watchtower theory...if ANYONE can find it I lost the quote!! Please!

• JWoods
    JWoods

I thought they were supposed to be 7000 years each in the "old light" - thus the big deal that 1975 marked the end of 6000 years of man's existence and then left room for the 1000 year millenium.

As I understand this now, they no longer give a specific number of years but say "thousands of years - evidently".

You know, if you are just going to make your stuff up from the whole cloth - why not just say "millions of years" so that you would not look so outrageously stupid in the face of real science? The title poster is right - this was totally fabricated and then even both iterations of the fabrication are ridiculous in the face of archeological and scientific evidence.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry I men't 7,000 years.....forgot Armagedon in 1975 {6,000} with 1,000 year reign of Christ = 7,000......no basis for this theory at all, might as well throw in some Pyramid mesurements!

• Narkissos
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interestingly, they used the same numbers to arrive at 1873 too.

Here are two of the many quotes: "If, then, the seventh thousand-year period of earth's history be an epoch specially noted as the period of Christ's reign, we shall, by showing that it began in A.D. 1873, be proving that we are already in it." Studies in the Scriptures II - The Time Is At Hand 1915 ed 40 "Here we furnish the evidence that from the creation of Adam to A.D. 1873 was six thousand years. And though the Bible contains no direct statement that the seventh thousand will be the epoch of Christ's reign, the great Sabbath Day of restitution to the world, yet the venerable tradition is not without reasonable foundation.. If, then, the seventh thousand-year period of earth's history be an epoch specially noted as the period of Christ's reign, we shall, by showing that it began in A.D. 1873, be proving that we are already in it." Studies in the Scriptures II - The Time Is At Hand 1915 ed 39-40 Shortly thereafter, they changed it to 1874. This time they were more convinced than ever: "It is on the basis of such and so many correspondencies - in accordance with the soundest laws known to science - that we affirm that, Scripturally, scientifically, and historically, present-truth chronology is correct beyond a doubt. Its reliability has been abundantly confirmed by the dates and events of 1874 .. Present-truth chronology is a secure basis on which the consecrated child of God may endeavor to search out things to come." WatchTower Jun 15 1922 187

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sorry - don't know why that is all running together.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, try to pay attention because this gets tricky. If you get confused, simply start over at the beginning. It's important for me to ramble this with confidence so you will be sure to believe me. I cannot say that there is nothing in the Bible, because that's not what you want to hear, but we have to put some things together in the Bible to arrive at 7000-year (not 6000-year) creative days.

How was the 1975 prophecy derived from the bible?

Rev. 20:6-7 says that the millennium will be a 1000 year reign with Christ.

Ps. 90:4 and 2 Pt.3:8 say that a day with Jehovah is 1000 years, the millennium will be Jehovah's 1000 year day of rest after the creation.
    At the same time, the entire 7000 years will be Jehovah's day of rest, a seventh day. (Remember if you are confused, start again at the beginning.)

It's like a double meaning: this Sabbath day (1000 years of Christ's reign) must have been preceded by six 1000 year days since the creation of Adam and Eve at the end of the sixth day creative day. (We are now in the last "day" of the seventh day of creation. It's a 1000-year day within a day kind of thing.) Gen.1:27 The Bible says that the seventh day must end with Jehovah saying "and it was good" and that won't happen until the 1000 year reign is up, so this necessitates the double meaning where there is a week of days in the "seventh day." (Start over if you are confused.)

Since the last creative day will last 7000 years, the other creative days must have also been periods of 7000 years. Jehovah is a God of order, so of course they are all the same length (I forget the scripture for "God of order" and it adds weight here). So from the beginning of the first creative day to the creation of Adam and Eve was 42,000 years. And since "reliable Bible chronology" establishes 4026 BCE as the date of Adam's creation, we know that the first day of creation occurred 48,026 years ago. (And Armageddon and the millennium are 26 years overdue.)

Jehovah ends his sixth day of creation by fashioning Eve from Adam's rib. The seventh day of creation began in 4026 BCE and will last 7,000 years. Armageddon will occur in "the autumn of 1975, fully 6000 years into God's seventh day, his rest day." (April 1, 1968, Watchtower) Gen.2:22

The above was slightly off. We figured that when the end didn't come in 1975. So we forget that Eve must have been created some years instead of some months after Adam. Well, Adam was 130 when Seth was born. The seventh creative day must have ended before that as none of the children were born in the sixth creative day- after all, everything was still "good" at that point. So, take a few years off for Eve to have Cain and Able and for them to grow up a bit, say 20 years off the 130 total. That still gives us until 2085 for the last "day" of 1000 years to get started to be included in the creative day of 7000 years.

Was that clear? Did I throw in enough scriptures, because I can choose many that don't contradict my explanation. I know you were looking for a smoking gun, but Jehovah just doesn't work that way.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I think we should get Spike and Reniaa in here to clear this up for us.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I think we should get Spike and Reniaa in here to clear this up for us.

Or at least some celebrated Watchtower scientists and scholars.

This is of course, the very MOST screwed up thing wrong with the 1874, 1914, 1975, and so on - NOWHERE do you find any solid reference to a 7 thousand year creative day.

Didn't stop them from stepping into this dog mess three times in a row, though - did it?

• Quandry
    Quandry

My brothers,

May I as a sister humbly interject a thought-I am not attempting to teach. We must rely on the assurances of the FDS to clarify. They assure us:

"It is on the basis of such and so many correspondencies - in accordance with the soundest laws known to science - that we affirm that, Scripturally, scientifically, and historically, present-truth chronology is correct beyond a doubt. Its reliability has been abundantly confirmed by the dates (insert present "light" here).

I am sure that this clears all things up. Again, please excuse my presumptuousness in speaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit