What is the JW theology?

by Doug Mason 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

God is a jealous hax0r who built this great manufacuring device he called Logos. Then he used Logos to create the Universe with everythng in it.

God wasn't quite L33T as He thought, though, because Man slipped his programming and started being individuals - so He invaded the minds of some guys who tried to tell everyone else how to live. Some he frightened with fire, others he gave trippy dreams to.

God has Holy Spirit, an electricity that like comes out if His pores or something. It does stuff like moving across the face of the Earth, falling down on Logos while he was on Earth, making people happy when they feel a baby kick inside the womb, and dancing like flames on top of dudes' heads.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Doug,

reniaa got it right with regards to the JW theology of creation.

They believe Jehovah created Jesus (or whatever he was called before he became Jesus) and Jesus created everything else.

Farkel

• flipper
    flipper

JW's are defending their right to exercise cult mind control over people. And the God they have to inflict this right is called the alleged " faithful and discreet slave. " The old farts in Brooklyn are God to them- no one else. They are " Jehovah"

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Someone wrote:

Let me repeat myself: Did the created spirit being cease to exist when he became Jesus Christ?

Did the human Jesus Christ cease to exist at his resurrection?

Or did Jesus Christ have both a spirit nature and a human nature simultaneously?

Answer: All of these questions are answered in detail at this link: http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html

Briefly, though, Christianity teaches that The Word was not created and did not cease to exist when he assumed the human nature of Jesus. The created humanity of Jesus did not cease to be human in heaven. Jesus did have both a spirit nature (the "God" in the God-man equation) and human nature simultaneously, referred to as the hypostatic union. This is basic Christian teaching.

The Jws on the other hand teach that Jesus was nothing more than a man and therefore he naturally had to cease being an angel on earth pre-resurrection. Because he reverted, supposedly, back to being a super-angel he ceased to be human in heaven - a logical necessity if you follow their premise. And, Jesus had a spirit, like any man has a spirit, but it is not clear whether they believe that Jesus' Spirit is that of the Angel the Word that became flesh. They don't want to commit on this as it puts them in a difficult position because they would be believing in a form of the hypostatic union (Angel-man) and Jesus would not be "just a man, nothing more." Of course, the JWs are wrong about all of this and virtually everything else they teach. And some of them know this. The others have been duped.

JD II

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel
    Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Spike;

This is a question for individual, personal research using WT publications. You can do it yourself, Doug. This is how you make the Truth of the Bible your own.

Where does the Holy Spirit come in?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

with prayer, asking for it. Without a "properly reverent attitude" (a.k.a. "holy spirit") one cannot access the applications of the Bible correctly.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Spike,

I am afraid a "properly reverent attitude" is not "(a.k.a. "holy spirit")".

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of Jesus and the Father.

Romans 8:9-10 (New International Version)

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

He is also known as the Counsellor, another title of Jesus Isaiah 9:6
    John 14:26 (New International Version)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

He is one with Jesus and the Father

John 14:15-18 (New International Version)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be [ a ] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Listen to what He has to say Matthew 11:15 All the best, Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If I have a properly reverent attitude, I will imitate Jehovah who is holy, therefore it can rightly be said that I then have a "holy spirit". Then, the "holy spirit" of others will bear witness with my "holy spirit" that our "holiness" comes from Jehovah, and unites us in it.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected
    with prayer, asking for it. Without a "properly reverent attitude" (a.k.a. "holy spirit") one cannot access the applications of the Bible correctly.

1. What are the applications of the Bible? Are these the Governing Body's publications?

2. When Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would lead us into truth and testify about him, is this the same thing as having a "properly reverent attitude"?

If I have a properly reverent attitude, I will imitate Jehovah who is holy, therefore it can rightly be said that I then have a "holy spirit". Then, the "holy spirit" of others will bear witness with my "holy spirit" that our "holiness" comes from Jehovah, and unites us in it.

At first I thought you were serious, then I read the above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit