What is the JW theology?

by Doug Mason 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

By "theology" I mean "the study of God (Gk.: theos).

JWs keep rabbiting on ad nauseum about the Trinity teaching being "irrational", "impossible to understand", etc.

I do not want this thread to be about the Trinitarian doctrine.

I want to be given an explanation of what a JW believes. I have seen so many arrows and spears thrown by JWs, I want to know exactly what they are defending.

I want to see an explanation of "God" that is rational and can be understood.

Doug

• Heaven
    Heaven

JWs believe whatever the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society tells them to believe.

I want to see an explanation of "God" that is rational and can be understood.

Me too, Doug. I've asked that unequivocal proof be produced that God exists. I haven't seen any yet.

(1 Thessalonians 5:21: Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good. KJV)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

As a Jw, I thought 'theology' was some high-falutin word describing a useless University course that worldly priests and such filled their empty heads with. Satan's alternative to Bible (NWT) reading.

I now know that JWs are completely CLUELESS about damn near everything, theology included.

• Satanus
    Satanus

They don't actually have an official theology. Their teachings change, so the main teaching is to keep following the gb, whatever they say. It's a very lowlevel religion. Jehovah is a super spirit man who resides somewhere in a definite place, perhaps in the universe. Jesus is another super spirit man, who is jehovah's sidekick. Their reps on earth are the wt corp. And, the world is ending SOON. That's about it.

S

• carla
    carla

"Jehovah is a super spirit man who resides somewhere in a definite place, perhaps in the universe. " -- Odd He didn't leave a fowarding address after moving from the Pliedes isn't it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Carla

Yah, the wt corp lost track of it's god, after pleides.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s believe they should do and believe what ever the WBT$ tells them..

That is the entire Jehovah`s Witness,Religion/Cult Theology..

.........................OUTLAW

• sir82
    sir82

The entire theology can be summed up in one sentence:

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are the exclusive mouthpiece for God on earth.

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I was leaving a ran into a line about JW's (probably in one of Walter Martin's books) to the effect that they have no systematic method of theology or exegesis. At the time I had no idea what he was talking about, and didn't even know what exegesis is. The more I studied up on it the more I realized he's right. The governing body makes it up as they go, and the R&F believe whatever is in the last magazine they got.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The official WT command is to let go of the commands of God and hold firm to their traditions Mark 7:8

These include going from door to door preaching various myths and old wives tales such as Jesus was raised as a "spirit creature" and the Holy Spirit is God's "active force" 1 Timothy 4:7 2 Timothy 4:3-5

As Timothy says, have nothing to do with them 2 Timothy 3:5

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit