What is the JW theology?

by Doug Mason 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Issa- Of course, they are very Catholic/LDS in that regard (one true churchy) .

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I must say designs, although I do go to a Baptist church I have chilled alot in my views...

• designs
    designs

Its all a journey my friend.

All the best.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

thanks...always nice talking to ya...the best to you as well.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

JW theology is just what you'd expect it to be if you lived when the Bible was written by the inspired prophets, because that's what it's based on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    JW theology is just what you'd expect it to be if you lived when the Bible was written by the inspired prophets, because that's what it's based on......Spike Tassel

So early Christians had no idea what they believed either?..

...............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

well at least you are consistent spike, consistently diluded, and wrong. It is based on the whims of the GB...to their own self-serving interests. You may want to read Crisis of Conscience for a nice first-hand account of exactly the role the Bible makes in the decision-making processes of the org.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the JW theology does NOT include contributions by Ray Franz after he was kicked out, so I have no reason to read it. I am a loyalist, not a murmurer.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Their recent changes actually encompass much of what he spoke about in C of C. You are a loyalist- to a cult, I agree. And a murmerer of their vomit.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The following suggests that the JW "heavenly nature/human nature/spirit nature" is no more "rational", "reasonable" or "understandable" than any other attempted formulation.

They propose a trinity of individual, discrete, separate natures but one person.

They have "a god, Michael Word" entity who ceases to exist (dies?).
    Although something is passed on to the fetus of Mary’s womb, the child she delivers is nothing else than a "human".
    When Jesus dies and exchanges his human nature for that of a "spirit" being, it is still called by the name of his human nature, "Jesus".
    But these three are all the one person.

The following are from the Watchtower magazine of 15 February 1991 (Watchtower Library CD-ROM)
    ----------------
    God’s Son “emptied himself” of his heavenly nature. Jehovah transferred the life-force and the personality pattern of his firstborn heavenly Son to the womb of a Jewish virgin named Mary. (page 14)

The man who could be the ransom had to be a perfect human of flesh and blood—the exact equal of Adam. (Romans 5:14) A spirit creature or a “God-man” would not balance the scales of justice. ... Neither Adam nor Eve, however, benefit from the ransom. (page 13)

Jesus was “made alive in the spirit,” his earthly remains disposed of in some undisclosed manner. As a spirit creature, the resurrected Jesus could now make a triumphant return to heaven. (page 15)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit