Here's an argument that ought to stump any JWs who come to your door

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Yeah, Isaac, and if they say "it's a conscience matter"...

"How so if it is a "conscience matter", that you'll df someone for using their conscience in a different way than those who keep changing the charts they give the HLC/PVG members? After all that's all admittedly arbitrary and without biblical basis."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

That is almost their cop out answer- its a matter of conscience...as though no further discussion is needed and no thought processes required. Just like if a JW says "Its apostate" they do not have to think it thru.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

lol it doesn't mention that their only has to be one blood in the bible like God is one and in fact when it comes to fractions it is a concience matter because they cannot in all conscience say it is still blood and so leave it to the individual.

What your saying is more like if I chop up a cow and I eat it's foot, I am not eating a cow I am eating a pig.

but more likely that You'll just get a straight "Blood isn't God" ...end of

Reniaa - You're confusing fractions with primary components. Primary components are non-negotiable for a JW. Primary components are too much like 'blood' to be 'acceptable.' Sir82's argument is that RBCs/WBCs/Plasma and Platelets are like the different Persons of the one God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit are individually God and also make up the one God entity. Get it? Now, think about what you're saying first before tapping on the keyboard.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Isaac, I gave a part once (local needs) where I got to tackle that issue directly.

I explained that just as the declaring of something as "corban" , "or a gift dedicated to God" didn't outweigh the prior responsibility one had to take care of his or her parents, so too, the declaring something to be a "conscience matter" didn't remove the need or responsibility to be able to "explain the reasons for the hope in you [as to your belief in the Christ, that he rose from the dead, or any of the other things a christian might profess even as "a matter of conscience"] with a mild temper and deep respect."

I said there ought be a scriptural foundation for any deviation from the base, or natural reading and application of a scripture. In "matters of conscience", the matter is a matter whereby between ones thoughts "he is either accused or excused". If he is exonerated in his own mind, then the exposition of these reasons should be able to find their expression in the language of scripture. Otherwise, if there is no scriptural foundation, then "conscience" has nothing to do with it - it is a matter of "taste, or preference" and not "conscience" at all.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

EXACTLY GB...BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS ARE NOT A CONSCIENCE MATTER, THEY ARE A MEDICAL PROCEDURE SUBJECT TO HOW ONE CHOOSES THEIR MEDICAL TREATMENT. THEY ARE FORBIDDEN FOR JWS. FRACTIONS ARE NOT A CONSCIENCE MATTER FOR JWS, THEY A SIMPLY AN OPTION ALLOWED BY JWS LEADERS.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While we can try to stump a JW, it does no good. They don't understand their own belief on this anymore than anyone else.
    Here's the JW answer to your thread-opener.

Science has blurred the line of what is clearly whole blood and what is not so clear. This is just a loving provision so that we don't have to worry if we take some pills or use a procedure during surgery. As long as we don't violate the clear law of the Bible, we don't need to strain the gnat. If your conscience says differently, the loving provision is for you, as a stronger advocate for abstaining, to totally avoid the fractions then. The important thing is not to judge other witnesses who view it differently.

Do you see how that doesn't address the issue, but that is how the average JW answers this? You are better off showing them that the blood thing was a temporary thing like the meat sacrificed to idols.

• sir82
    sir82

OTWO,

I should have emphasized - my argument is against the JW stance that "primary components" are bad and also to be avoided, just like blood.

Your "theoretical JW response" seems to argue about "fractions" (based on the JW definition), which are different than "primary components" (based on the JW definition).

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That argument could provoke some reactions with the witnoids....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

My day was going pretty well, until I opened this thread.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But I can change the argument to

As long as we don't violate the clear law of the Bible, or take the major components as the slave explained, we don't need to strain the gnat.

My point is that the average JW is just as lost as can be, so trying to stump them is like trying to prove to an ant that he is ignorant of the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit