First shunning today!

by sooner7nc 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

OK, I admit that when I was in I tried my best to support "the arrangement" and didn't go out of my way to talk with DFd ones. But, if they looked my way or greeted me, I would at least smile, which wasn't "saying a greeting," but it still showed natural human emotion. When I read experiences like sooner7nc's (which I'm sure many of us have experienced), it boggles my mind how the WTS can get normally kind, outgoing people to suddenly switch off their human decency.

• loosie
    loosie

They think they are doing good by not talking to us. That'll bring us back in. But they are doing good for us. They are convincing us to stay away from them and their god.

• villabolo
    villabolo

leavingwt: "I went right up to a JW, recently, with a huge smile and a box of doughnuts, and I offered him one.

Funny, he won't talk to me, but he did accept a free donut, and he thanked me for it.

Apostasy via transfat, I say."

Didn't that JW realize that those donuts could be demonized and take at least three days to be "expelled"?

• donny
    donny

So is your ex-wife sister's new husband a jw?

Yes. Sorry I left that detail out. He's one of the "serious" ones.

Donny

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I always took being an elder meant that I could talk to anyone without reservation.

"It's ok, I'm an elder."

• White Dove
    White Dove

They sure seem concerned about winning people back, going the extra mile for that one little lamb who lost its way, leaving the 99 behind to search for it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Didn't that JW realize that those donuts could be demonized and take at least three days to be "expelled"?

Well, I did assume that later that day he would have suffered from a guilty conscience, for having lost his integrity by surrending to his belly.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'd say that proves that guy is not an elder but a suck up brown noser, instead. He's probably a ladder climber attempting to look oh so pious.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm proud to announce that it was announced Wednesday August 12th 2009 that I am no longer a JW.

Mike

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I'm proud to announce that it was announced Wednesday August 12th 2009 that I am no longer a JW.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

It will likely be an emotional milestone, at times. Hang in there and please know that happiness outside the WT world can be yours. You're not alone, either.

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit