First shunning today!

by sooner7nc 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm at work right now. I'm out walking the halls at the hospital I work at checking on my workers, making sure that everything is being cleaned properly, etc. I turn down one hallway that passes in front of one of the diagnostic departments, and I see someone, an elders wife, sitting there waiting to be seen by the Radiology staff. Now understand that this lady has always been an extremely friendly extrovert, and has never failed to speak, hug, ask about the wife, etc. Well, today she stared a hole right through me. I mean I passed literally 2 feet from her, looked her dead in the eye, and said "How ya doing?". Nothing, Zip, Nada. In other words, hilarious. I find this behavior so pathetically funny that I literally started laughing out loud as I walked away from her. Well, good for her.

Mike

• undercover
    undercover

I guess that answers your question about how long it takes to announce a DAing... LOL

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No kidding huh?

• blondie
  • donny
    donny

I was in Texas two weeks ago attending the funeral of my nephew (Ryan) who tragically died of a heroin overdose. They were having a memorial gathering at my moms house and my ex-wife's sister showed up with her new husband. She is a witness in name only and has always spoken to me with no reserve. I was in the kitchen with my mom and he came in to get a cup for some soda. I extended my hand and said "Hi, I'm Ryan's uncle, Donny"

He replied "yeah" and pushed me aside as he went back into the living room. My mom was so livid that she wanted to go tell him in front of everyone to get the hell out of here. But I said calmed her down and said that I thought it was quite funny. It's my first real shunning experience in several years.

Donny

• blondie
    blondie

So is your ex-wife sister's new husband a jw?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I went right up to a JW, recently, with a huge smile and a box of doughnuts, and I offered him one.

Funny, he won't talk to me, but he did accept a free donut, and he thanked me for it.

Apostasy via transfat, I say.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Of course there is always the possibility that she was too nervous about her test results and concerned with whatever health problem she has that required such a test that it wouldn't have mattered who passed her in the hall. It very well could have had nothing to do with you.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

sooner7nc I aswell work in a hospital and is full of JW's they think by shunning me it hurts me I laugh at it and still say hello just to get on there nerves seeing them twitch like if satan is saying hi..... funny.....

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Of course there is always the possibility that she was too nervous about her test results and concerned with whatever health problem she has that required such a test that it wouldn't have mattered who passed her in the hall. It very well could have had nothing to do with you

No way. I know this woman well. She would be loud and boisterous on her deathbed. I looked her straight in the eye, and I know what I saw, the "deadfish" JW shunning stare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit