How do you tell someone they have bad Body odor....and the "new" invention of deoderant?

by Witness 007 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Sometimes its medical....but most of the time its biological and they themselves dont smell it at all. Sometimes its cultural. Some countries dont USE deodorants. I think we covered this topic before here too. I used to take a bus to get to work in Chicago and went through a Polish neighborhood. And I swear NOBODY who rode that bus used deodorant. I used to sit as close to the door as possible so I could get fresh air at every stop. About KILLED me.

Most adolescents too, have no clue that their newly hairy armpits and hormones plus lack of bathing make them REEK.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Snowbird is right. This is a touchy subject, especially since it is a male complaining about a female. It's best not to just blurt it out to her and leave her in tears and a damaged self-esteem. We women are sensitive that way. A man should never be the one to say or do anything about it. Get another woman to do your dirty work this time.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've been in those car groups before but said nothing. It was worse when going out with older ones who had a touch of dementia and stopped caring for their bodies as they used to.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    older ones who had a touch of dementia and stopped caring for their bodies as they used to.

Tell me about it!

In her twilight years, my mother used to balk at taking her bath.

It was really a trying time for me and her.

Sylvia

• nelly136
    nelly136

if you move her desk along three inches a day you can have her sitting at the opposite end of the room in no time and she'll never even notice.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Have you ever noticed that sometimes the person sitting in the chair before you leaves a skanky ass odor on the seat? It can be especially bad if it's a cloth seat. I do not understand why some people do not wash their nasty rear ends.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here's a podcast on how to handle this issue in a work setting. I don't know if it's any good but it was recommended on a blog I was reading:

http://www.manager-tools.com/2007/06/how-to-handle-yes-body-odor-part-1

http://www.manager-tools.com/2007/06/how-to-handle-body-odor-part-2-of-2

• Robdar
    Robdar

When I directed the art gallery, occasionally I would hire the young artists from the local art institute to work for me. The way I handled the topic was to take them aside and say something like, "You know, Cara, there is more to being an artist than dressing funny and smelling bad. Please go home and shower."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I once had to have a meeting with my staff because a number of them just did not bath. Some didn't know how to flush a toilette, and others would trow used paper in the trash can rather than the toilette. All of them were brothers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit