Prince admits he is a JW in a talkshow

by Albert Einstein 28 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

What's this about 8 presidents before Washington?

Edited to add this link: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/582763/posts

I think Prince needs to get himself better educated about the context in which the term "President" is used.

I have to laugh at the expectation that musical artists should be intellectual. Nothing could be further from reality. They are not paid for their brains, they are paid for their musical talent. Prnince is an incredibly talented musician and his past commercial success as a recording artist is beyond question.

I'm disappointed that Prince has recently chosen to allow the Watchtower to use him as their prostitute; he has subjugated his musical creativity to the Watchtower by using his recent compositions to insert lyrics that would best be described as efforts to preach to his fans. Too bad for Prince, as this will likely damage his commercial viability.

• villabolo
    villabolo

The chemtrails phenomenon is a legitimate issue even if the other issues are absurd. I myself have seen them, dozens of them at one time in a neat checkerboard pattern that no single or group of normal airplane flight patterns could explain. The probable reason for them is not chemical warfare, as Prince implied, but an attempt to reflect some sunlight and counter the effects of global warming.

villabolo

• choosing life
    choosing life

"The reason why is I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and we've never voted." It amazes me how a jw sounds so cultish when they answer a question like that. Or NOT answer the question.

His voice even changes when he answers.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have often wondered if he were not just trying to do a take-off of Michael Jackson with this JW stuff.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Maybe he's trying to further his popularity by become a religious cult like image to the public.,

due impart to his lack of album sales compared to what he had in the 80's ?...........ummmmm

An intensional bolstering of his commercial appeal.

He's a musician but he's also a businessman, a slick one at that

• Will Power
    Will Power

poppers: thanks for posting that link. Some good info in there. And the replies bring up more good info.

To: Luis Gonzalez Hate to say it, but George Washington really was the first president of our Federal Republican government which we (theoretically) still have today. The presidents before him were actually presidents of the Continental Congress which was designated by the Articles of Confederation. We weren't so much a nation then, as a confederation of states. (You can find all of this neat stuff at snopes.com anyway...

;) ttt

4 posted on Mon Dec 3 10:50:25 2001 by detsaoT [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Regarding Prince's comment: he sounds exactly like a JW would - using a totally different topic of discussion to deflect away from damaging secret history of the WT. (secret only to other JWs who can't freely research their own religion)

• koolaid-man
  • myelaine
    myelaine

dear leavingwt...

"Prince will make a great ex-JW.

Come on in, Brother Nelson, the water is fine."

who are you trying to kid?...revelation 8:10-11

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit