German Kingdom Ministry sees increase from 2008 number of publishers to 2009 memorial attendance

by processor 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

km-X 9/09

In the German issue of Our Kingdom Ministry for September 2009, the memorial attendance is given: 269,303.

2008, there were 273,104 attendees, so there is a decrease of 3,801.

Rather than stating that, they write: "That are 106,759 more than the average publisher count in the 2008 service year. An incentive to 'having plenty to do in the work of the Lord.'"

They could also have written that the number of publishers in Germany in 2009 is greater than the number of millionaires in Australia in 2008, which shows the increase and the blessing of Jehovah ...

• besty
    besty

great news

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"the number of publishers in Germany in 2009 is greater than the number of millionaires in Australia in 2008"

LOL!!! That's like saying: "the number of baptized JWs in 2009 is greater than the fleet of cars used by the Federal government." or, "the number of Memorial attendees is greater than the number of home foreclosures in Nebraska, Idaho, and Arizona, combined." OH MY GAWD, PRAISE JEHOOVER!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

Hmm...first effects of the global recession on JW numbers?

I would imagine that in Germany, as in most other prosperous Western nations, the large number of immigrants was artifically inflating JW publisher and Memorial attendance counts. Now that the recession is not only curtailing immigration but impelling many to return home, we may begin to see significant drops in publisher counts.

It will be interesting to see the 2010 yearbook report.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There had better be a significant drop in publisher count. This has been quite inflated already by fake time slips turned in, small children turning in slips, and deliberate counting "errors". And, if all this is factored out, these numbers should be taking a hit--down to the 1.8-2 million region (which is closer to how many sincere witlesses there are).

Nice to see the drop in Germany in the number rejecting Jesus at the Kingdumb Hell.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm still somewhat surprised that they haven't successfully expoited the downturn in the economy to lure the unsuspecting into their "end of days" trap.

I guess the Germans are too smart for that.

Perhaps next year they could point out in the Kingdumb Ministry that everyone who attended the Memorial in 2010 is one year older than they were at the Memorial of 2009.

B the X

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    That's like saying: "the number of baptized JWs in 2009 is greater than the fleet of cars used by the Federal government."

Daniel ...

Not to be critical, but I think a more accurate and easy to understand comparison would be comparing the Memorial attendance to the people participating in the current Cash for Clunkers car rebate program here in the US.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    That's like saying: "the number of baptized JWs in 2009 is greater than the fleet of cars used by the Federal government."

Daniel ...

Not to be critical, but I think a more accurate and easy to understand comparison would be comparing the Memorial attendance to the people participating in the current Cash for Clunkers car rebate program here in the US.

Rub a Dub

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is great news. The memorial attendance is down. WTS is afraid to just say that. That's the real story.
    WTS is afraid to simply tell the members about their concerns. Well, some will notice the problems.

Expect to see MAJOR changes in their statistics issue of the WT this year, maybe they won't even post one.
    Maybe it will just go to the yearbook and comparisons from last year will be skewed.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

I wonder why they dont tell how many partook...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit