Off to a JW "Gathering"

by treadnh2o 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• parakeet
    parakeet

oompa: where did you get "gathering".......that is from highlander me thinks.....

There can be only one.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is there a good chance that they will try to hound, harass, threaten, or force you to go back to a boasting session or field circus after the gathering? Or, will they look for anything they can find that they can use against you later?

Additionally, going to a witless gathering is more likely than not to be a complete waste of time. They are allowed virtually zero fun, and all their discussions revolve around the religion. That being the case, you are better off finding a worldly party and attending that. At least there you can have some real fun without worrying about being recaptured or having the witlesses using it against you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

did u get the stink off u?

• etna
    etna

hi everyone I'm new here, but I was born into the jw's and have recently been absolutely shattered at the things I have found out. Can anyone please tell me about how long people knew that the jw'''s were involved with the UN in the 90's?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi etna welcome to JWN

yes it is shattering to see the edifice come tumbling down.

I only found out about the UN involvement a couple of years ago. Active Jehovahs witnesses are quick to accept the "library card explanation" as they don't want to have to think much further than what the WTS says. Fair enough - but most of us on here were prepared to be shattered and take the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit