Off to a JW "Gathering"

by treadnh2o 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Would you go to a KKK rally?

The KKK wouldn't approve of the annihilation of 99.999% of humanity, but JW's explicitly or implicitly do.

• oompa
    oompa

lol.........wtf?.........it is a "getogether".........where did you get "gathering".......that is from highlander me thinks.........oompa

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

oompa, just don't make the mistake of going to any "parties".

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Okay here is what happened...

Elder host called me into the other room, handed me a beer and said these are for the non-christians here, laughed and had one with me.

The other elders were almost too scared to talk to me. The kiss-ass m.s.'s wouldn't even look at me.

There was almost no "spiritual" talk but the condition of the economy surely must mean the end is near.

And as far as comparing it to other cults, I understand the comparison, however, my wife and kids are not members of other cults, just this one.

To sumarize, I survived this "get together". (I do love the fact I am forgetting JW lingo :))

Tread

• Heaven
    Heaven

(I do love the fact I am forgetting JW lingo :))

Glad to hear it ... and I'm glad you survived.

• White Dove
    White Dove

is the only way to do it

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good, no Kool-Aid was distributed... this time.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Elder host called me into the other room, handed me a beer and said these are for the non-christians here, laughed and had one with me.

I'd keep an eye on that elder if I were you. He may be on his way out too.

• stillin
    stillin

I always made it a point to spend time with non-believing husbands and all that ilk. First of all, I myself have always been more comfortable with ones who don't feel that they have to say the right things. Secondly, I like to put them at ease.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I just played a round of golf with "that elder" and an m.s.

No spiritual talk!-Mind you my fade is complete.

He wants to play again next week.

I'll keep y'all posted!

Stillin- Hard to call me an unbelieving mate. I have had some "nice"
    responsibilities in the org. I also can quote scri[pture to the point of winning any arguement ( although I am forgetting alot :))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit