She Would Have Been Better Off A JW……

by DJQuimica 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

DJ_Q,

I'm not a shrink... in fact I have no real qualifications... but I did serve as an elduh long enough to understand some human nature. Let's just rephrase this:

I She was happy clubbing and going out, I she was happy with the way Tabitha was. I She didnt want anything cramping our style. The last thing I needed she wanted was for her to slow us down with studying or going to the KH. I sure didnt keep her from going because I was afraid she was gonna fall for the kool aid and become a JW. My motives were not pure.

The "what if"s will probably follow you around, but the bottom line is that she chose her own course. Sad, yes, very sad. It could have been different. But you didn't tell her how everything had to end. That's out of your control, certainly. You aren't so powerful that you wrote the last chapter for her.

Just don't ever drink and drive yourself. That is the most valuable lesson, I suppose.

B the X

• DJQuimica
    DJQuimica

I started my shift here at work at 10 PM US Central time, and I have been working and thinking about this thread the whole time. Billy many of the words you wrote really struck a chord with me, and without knowing Tabitha you really seem to understand how independent this woman was. I cant say that I will get over feeling the way I do, I feel similiarly about some of the other skeletons in my closet, and some of my less the honorable actions. My Dad says the true mark of a man is realizing we screwed up and learning from those mistakes. Id like to think Ive learned from Tabitha.

A catch-22, if the one thing you oppose is the one thing that might save someone you care for.

DJ_Q

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A catch-22, if the one thing you oppose is the one thing that might save someone you care for.

It's easier for us, this isn't our life we are talking about. She was responsible for herself to learn how not to drink and drive.
    It didn't have to be a choice of JW's or partying constantly. There are many other choices.

Regardless of what you knew at the time, you were not responsible to get her into a mind-control cult so that it might save her life later.
    And it may have been worse. Depression, rejection, disfellowshipping, shunning, misery, thoughts of suicide. Living longer was likely if she stopped drinking, but it was her choice. Can we make people eat right all the time? Can we make every choice the one that leads to better health for someone else?

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

yes she is better off being a jw.it is a personal situation

• nelly136
    nelly136

i'm with billy, if she had really have been serious about wanting to study then she would have chosen the study and meetings over going out.

its quite possible she was feigning interest because she felt obliged or it was the polite response, and was relieved of an excuse to be too busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit