You Have No Witness "Friends"

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

A study to have peace of mind, now THAT, I've found, leads to knowing how to a life that's meaningful, although THAT, too DOES, CERTAINLY, make for a life where one may have, suddenly, a whole lot more choices to make, and priorities to set. A meaningful life means that I now am making possible the certainty of having meaningful friends, who are interested as much in my success as I am. Hopefully they feel the same way about my roles in their lives.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Should friendship be unconditional? No I don't think so. We all have criteria for judging whether we want someone as a friend or not. JW's are no different, its just their criteria is set out for them. They're not allowed to make a personal judgment for themselves on who constitutes a friend, they've got to conform 100% to the Society's judgment on this.

Their conditions of friendship isn't based on the type of person you are but on what you believe. Even if you NEVER talk about your beliefs, just the fact that your not a JW immediately puts you into a catagory that the Society designates as "bad association". Its this sweeping generalization and the resultant injustice of this that makes most of us bristle with indignation.

And what is more, its frustrating not having a voice or a platform for defence against this. If we complain against this injustice, we're "persecuting" them and proving to them we're not nice people and the Society were right all along. If we try and say hello even though we're not supposed to, we're "disrespecting" them, which proves we're not nice people and the Society were right all along. If we give to charity, take care of sick relatives, work hard for our family etc, none of this counts as we're not "working wholesouled for Jehovah" which proves we're not nice people and the Society were right all along.

Its ALWAYS about the Society and their criteria for who makes a friend. ALWAYS. That why, whilst I still feel the hurt of those that follow such criteria blindly, I know where the real blame lies. In Brooklyn.

• I discovered
    I discovered

boyzone

I agree with you 100% I feel sorry for those who are lonely and are considered bad people that want to feel a void if they don't conform.

They fall into a trap and are find out that the so called love is not real .I've found that those who do charity work and helping the poor is better

than just giving them a watchtower or awake to help them with a real solution to their problems. Well , maybe they could use them for t.p.

• I discovered
    I discovered

Boyzone,

The happiest people I know and that have peace of mind are those that do the charity work. Like feeding the poor on the holidays.

Their is also the real joy of giving Chirstmas presents to childern. Somethings the jws never do. They are missing out on the best thing in life.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Next to the air in your lungs, the second most important thing in your life is the hand of a friend.

It's tragic the Watchtower Printing Corporation doesn't even get the simplest of life's basics.

Farkel

• Girlie
    Girlie

I agree with AlltimeJeff. Nobody seems to have the knack in finding true friends. It either happens for you or not. Within JW society, the truth of that matter is even more glaring due to loyalty of religion and not wanting to be termed "unfaithful".

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it's all a matter of perspective

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yet to a JW its their way or the highway

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Jehovah's way was always well-spoken. In riddles. Unless the people asked him the right kind of questions.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Becomming a witness has destoyed the freinds I had prior to and after....sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit