You Have No Witness "Friends"

by metatron 39 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I really didn't expect confirmation from a Watchtower apologist. Thanks!

metatron

• oompa
    oompa

damm......but i still think i have a few....some not here but really nonjudgemental..........some are even on this board though and are active dubs but do not believe......oompa

• I discovered
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Friends in the context of JW's muddies the waters. I don't think finding real friends is a talent most people have to be honest. Who we pick as friends often backfires, and the only thing I ever learn in those situations is where I am at, and what I need to work on...

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Bluecanary - I think I misspoke a little bit - there are certainly very intelligent JWs. Mind control can affect anyone. I do know that that they TARGET those who are less educated and poor in this "system". Many times I heard complaints about working the "wealthy neighborhoods" because the educated people there would dismiss the JWs at their door. They wanted to work the poorer or low middle class neighborhoods - those people didn't know any better and accept the "mind control" techniques more readily.

The other factor is mental problems. You can be very intelligent and have depression, self-esteem, mommy issues, etc ..... These are the people cults prey on the most.

My friends - that is people I feel are true and genuine in the ORG - are people who perhaps are not educated, not able to think on big complicated matters for themselves. I love and pity people in that situation and still consider them friends even if they are confused.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Thanks, allelsefails. I agree. We liked working the rich neighborhoods because they were less likely to be home and less likely to talk to us if they were. Of course, we attributed that to them "having their paradise now."

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This whole "The Friends" thing is a really SMART tactic if you think about it. Its like an obligatory relationship you have with ALL the JWs whether you like it or not. And its exclusive to them. There is no "being friends with the world" and being one of "The Friends". They make that clear. And you are only allowed to be A Friend if you are a member of their exclusive club. Once you leave...poof...the relationship goes with it....again whether you or they...like it or not.

I too as most of us here...lost friendships that were closer than blood relatives because I "left Jehovah" and that loss cut like a knife to me. None of those people who have deserted me are in ANY position to be judging what I DO either. But no matter...they still have their membership cards and havent gotten judged and kicked out. My best friend on the planet wrote to me after I DAd and said she could no longer have contact with me...while she herself, married, was having an affair with a married elder and going through JC meetings every week.

Uh...hellloooooooo???

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

some "best friend" Wuz lost. Sound like "no more contact" makes sense, at least until this "best friend" regains her senses.

• I discovered
  • I discovered
    I discovered

I was in need of a friend when I came in,but realized I had to conform or that would displease the person I was studing with.so I became

a really a good study to have their appoval. Hind site that is how they take advantage of peoples weaknesses.

Wish I knew about the disfellowshiping teaching at that time.

Hope my last comment didn't offend those that have family in. If it did I'm sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit