denied babtism

by rakiasp 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rakiasp
    rakiasp

Hello everyone

I have a question that puzzles me and would like to receive some ideas. I used to be a witness for two years before fading away, leaving quietly. I was not disfellowshipped and I did not write a letter of dissasociation.
    The way I got babtised was such that noone from my congragation saw it since the babtisees were taken by buses from the convention to a private swimming pool. Only those could go that were actually getting babtised. I plan to deny the fact that I got babtised. As you know they do not register the names of the babtisees at the babtism. Noone from my congregation saw it, and those people who were around will not remember me. So why not give a try? I will say to the elders that actually I did not get under the water because I changed my mind, and I just made believe I got babtised.
    The reason why I want to do this is that I want to avoid excommunication that would follow a normal retrival from the organisation plus I want to puzzle the elders commitee.
    What do you think will be the elders' response to that challange? Is it worth a try?
    please tell me your ideas about this
    Thanks
    Peter

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You owe them nothing. If you lie to God's Faithful Servants you may have to spend an extra 50,000 years roasting in the pit: you'll need to consult a true "spiritual authority" (AKA-liar) to be sure.

Other than that, it should be fun. Give 'em a bit of the ol' mind tweak!

Let us know how it goes!

• mindfield
    mindfield

I say, go for it, rakiasp. After all, you have nothing to lose.

Although I strongly doubt it'll work, you should at least try it. If it doesn't, do the ol' go-to-the-bathroom-and-put-some-lemon-juice-in-your-eyes trick, and presto! Cry like a baby insisting you never got baptized! Hehe...

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hi Peter,

Elders do have the option to 'annul' your baptism if you simply make the claim that you didn't fully understand what you were doing. An announcement is then made to the congregation.

I have only seen this device used twice, both times to extract Elders from an embarrassing situation.

best wishes, unclebruce.

• LB
    LB

This does sound like fun. Are you going to put out a little rumor in advance, or wait until they get ready to DF you?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• mommy
    mommy

Hey rakiasp and welcome
    I have to advice you not to lie about this. Because one lie may turn into another lie and so on. I know after I was baptised I had many people for weeks after the fact, giving me gifts and congratulating me. So they could ask why you never clarified those comments if you received them as well.

Anywho, I wouldn't recommend lieing to them, as Natas said, "You owe them nothing"
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Mommy -

You got gifts when you were baptised? I didn't even get the bird!

• mommy
    mommy

LOL @ Natas,
    Well you could be like Rakiasp and not even get anyone to view it
    wendy

Edited to add, I went to about 5 congos in a small area, so I also knew alot of people.

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Mother said: after I was baptised I had many people for weeks after the fact, giving me gifts and congratulating me.

Well that explains bro.duncedthrice. Fair suck, I saw this bloke get baptised at three different assemblies. When I questioned Elder Hellfire he shrugged and said "he keeps joining the que" questioned further as to why he kept going through the questions with him he accused me of lacking brotherly love for this health fanatic, vegitarian, multi-baptised, guilt ridden slaughterhouse worker.

sinner bruce seeking to be washed clean in the arms of a beautifull woman before i die.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ahhhh, Mommy,

All I wanted was a little white dove, floating down on a beam of sunlight... Too much to ask, I s'pose.

Nathan Natas, No Bird Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit