denied babtism

by rakiasp 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Welcome to the board, rakiasp! I am not sure its worth it either way. If you are not associating...you may not have to face a judicial committee. I have known a number who have left who would ordinarily be dealt with by a judicial committee. They have not as they are not in the congregation scene. It depends though on the attitude of your local body. They maybe more aggressive. Baptism is the outward symbol of dedication..the vows of which you said to the audiance. It can be argued that you are a JW irrespective! I am not sure the subterfuge is worth it. Keep the fade going!

ISP

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

gee Nathan, I remmember comming up out of the water in a plastic backyard swimming pool on the 28th of October 1972, looking heavenward and for a very brief moment imagining a pure white dove and heavenly voice .. geez wouldn't JWs freak if that actually happened.

It might be worth training doves and learning ventriloquist hi fi techniques .. hee hee.

unclebruce

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YOU GOT MY BIRD! YOU GOT MY BIRD!!

I want my bird back!!!

A trained dove trick would be absolutely hilarious - imagine the mayhem that would result. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to train a dove to come to you. Then just arrange for a friend to be nearby to release it on time... priceless!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Would a sulfur crested white cockatoo do? I know one who could land on a newbros head and proudly announce "THIS IS MY SON WHOM I HAVE APPROVED! ... AAARRRK" (albeit in a somewhat high pitched voice)

• teejay
    teejay

I'm with Nate.

My first thought: You're running a huge risk playing with Jehover. From what I've heard, he don't have much of a sense of humor and don't like being messed with. Besides, he has thunder, lightning, frogs, boils and a bunch of other unpleasant and sundry ailments with which to afflict your sorry ass.

On the other hand, who's to say that the local yokels at your beloved Kingdom Hall have any connection with the Big Man Upstairs? I have my doubts if you wanna know the truth.

I say, it's worth a go... Let us know if you pull it off. I guess if you don't, we'll know that, too.

Sayonara.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Unclebruce, I've never heard of "annulment of baptism". Is that for real?
    mike.

I may not like what you have to say, but many men gave their lives for your right to say it.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

If you go through with the lie (which I think could be hillarious) make sure to practice every detail of your story in advance. They will try to trip you up and will catch the slightest contradiction in your story.

Let us know how it turns out.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yes Mike,

Annulment of baptism is a little known fact of JW life. The first time I encounted it was in Adelaide 1980. A biblestudy was desperate to marry a widow with four young children. She wouldn't go through with it until he was baptised. The next Assembly was only weeks away and this was where all baptisms now took place (we no longer baptised people in bathtubs or mud puddles at the side of an outback track)

The Elders rushed him through the questions, he was baptised and the blissful couple married the following day. The marriage didn't outlast the honeymoon however as the bachelor didn't enjoy his new role of daddy dearest. He protested that he'd been tricked into marrying her and his parents began threatening legal action against the congregation Elders.

We all wondered how the hell the Elders were gonna deal with it. After urgent correspondence with Brooklyn via the Sydney branch, an announcement was made at the Service Meeting to the effect that he wasn't legally* baptised. His baptism was nulified. It all sounds very Catholic and I clearly remmember the audible gasps breaking the deadly silence as the announcement was read.

My brain is searching long unopened cells to remmember the nutters name. The Elders on the Judicial commitee were Bro.Philip Hardwick, Bro. Len Palmer (an imported Canadian 'born in the truth') and Bro. Hubert Cliff (First Adelaide City Servant and prominent remnantite)

I'd be surprised if an anullment is available upon request but surely any dignified way out is worth a try.

If this was a new post I'd title it "Rules you won't read in the Secret Elders Manual"

cheers, unclebruce.

*I wish I could remmember the exact expression used.

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

I didn't get jack when I got baptized. I did get alot when I d'ad myself - tons of cold shoulders.

Lovin' it.

Ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/ Dogma
  • MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Rakiasp,

a very ineresting question and I can tell you

it is not so strange. I do know odf someone who

claimed this, to avoid beeing disfellowshipped.

The elders enquired about the baptism, but thay

could not find an eye-witness to the baptism, not

even a family member. The case was closed, and if the

person wants "... to return..." he/she will have to start

everything again. Stil the point made by unclebruce:

"...Elders do have the option to 'annul' your baptism if you simply make the claim that you didn't fully understand what you were doing. An announcement is then made to the congregation. "

it is very, very interesting.

Please let us know your decision and the outcome.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit