Do You Care What Happens To Indiviual JWs At This Point In Time?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• zarco
    zarco

Yes, I care very much.

Individual members are victims of poor policy and beliefs. And if one follows the "Witness way" to the letter of the law they can be damaged emotionally, intellectually and even physically. I think one of the most dangerous aspects of the religion is when the Governing Body's sayings are put on the same level as bible teachings - things like moral guidance and other good things - (ie. not murder, not commit adultery, etc) and then one finds the saying of the Governing Body change or are wrong, then one begins to question everything about the bible, morals and other standards. This leads to some pretty messed up lives for some and for a few some pretty bad behavior. I am not suggesting that all fall into that trap. But it seems that the young people are really affected once they learn that all that they have been told to trust completely is not all true.

I have deep feelings for individual Witnesses, they are victims and do not have the opportunity to debate of question policy and beliefs. We help all that our circumstances allow us to do.

• still wondering
    still wondering

All JW’s are sincere.

The

majority

are sincerely interested in pursuing their own selfish ends.

" What’s that , all my material needs supplied in abundance for ever, inherit the earth, live forever in luxury, pick of the best houses from the losers whom my God is gonna kill any day now and all for just attending a few meetings a week and filling out a field service report every month. Count me in."

These ones will get the reward they so richly deserve. a big fat

ZERO

For these the answer is definitely

NO.

For the small minority who are unselfishly sincerely endeavouring to do what they were told and thought was right to please God but have been lied to and deceived by the EVIL, unfaithful and indiscreet "faithful and discreet slave",

YES

and I continue to do my best to help free them

• still wondering
    still wondering

sorry about the underlining. how do I post from word?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes, I care very much.

• desib77
    desib77

Yes, but that is what makes me a non-JW. I care about others regardless of their religious beliefs.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I care about them but their prison sentence in the Watchtower is self imposed. Any time they want to escape they can. They have the key to their cell no one else does. Their condition reminds me of some of the characters in "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis.

• yknot
  • Farkel
    Farkel

:Do You Care What Happens To Indiviual JWs At This Point In Time?

Of course I do. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, though.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Only a couple of people, would I feel bad for if something happened to them.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Most of them are really sincere people and I do care for most of them. Just because they are caught up in a sill cult doesn't mean I don't care what happens to them. Then on the other hand, there are a few that I just cannot stand..self-righteous bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit