The more I think about it, the more the eternal condemnation of Adam and Eve makes no sense

by gubberningbody 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rob, I'm not denying anything to anyone. I'm looking for new. I'm quite mercenary and cold when you get to know me, with nothing but an envious eye for whatever shiny bit of novel thought anyone might have in his or her head and if I can shake it out of them and take it I will.

So, you are cold? I hope you are not constipated too. THAT would surely make you feel mercenary. LOL

I would love to talk Genesis with you but having explored it thoroughly, I do not believe in it. Give me a better topic?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

lurkman, It's in the hick illustration.

Oompa, it could be worse - could be raining!

What I'd like to do is compile a list of all the bitter and sweet spins on the whole Bible with a list of unanswered questions.

"Questions Apostates Ask - Answers That Haven't Worked!"

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Rob, I'd like to have an illustrated book on how ancient people in Bible times handled faeces and urine through the ages.

I mean if you think of 3 million people taking a dump in the wilderness, say 1 pound/per and urinating a couple of quarts a day!

3 million pounds of steaming ordure and @6,000 cubic yards of urine!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rob, I'd like to have an illustrated book on how ancient people in Bible times handled faeces and urine through the ages.

Ahhhhahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, this has certainly turned into a fascinating thread!

Unfortunately, I have to report early tomorrow for my job of saving our good citizens from predatory lenders. I'm off to bed.

Thanks for tickling my brain, Gub.

Goodnight everybody.

• I quit!
    I quit!

It was a myth. I don't think we were suposed to take it as a literal event. The woman being made out of Adam's rib and the talking snake should be a dead give away that this wasn't a historical event.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Iquit: "It was a myth. I don't think we were suposed to take it as a literal event. The woman being made out of Adam's rib and the talking snake should be a dead give away that this wasn't a historical event."

Dig deeper. There is a meaning.

Very often in secret societies, the actions are backwards from the words.

For instance, we know that man does not give birth to woman.

Eve was not born of Adam.

It's the same in the WT world.

For instance, they say shunning is a loving thing.

But is it?

Words are backwards from the action.

This is a trait you will come to recognize in these type organizations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, what is the real gravity of Adam's "sin"? Was he stealing? What would have happened if he wouldn't have eaten that fruit? It would have rotted or been eaten by an animal. For sure, it did not deprive animals--they ate that piece of fruit, which means there was another piece of fruit that they otherwise would have eaten that they didn't (otherwise, they would have gotten fat from eating too much).

Was it a disobedience issue? What was that fruit supposed to stand for? Knowing good from bad. If Jehovah had their best interests at heart, then why did He insist on perfect trust? Most scam artists pull that stunt of insisting on absolute trust, otherwise people would not fall for their scams. What could Jehovah have been hiding, the fact that ultimately He had in mind a tyranny where everything man does is what He tells them, and then purposing to keep them distressed? If Jehovah really wanted the best for man, then once Adam saw what was good and bad, it would have only underscored His point. Instead, it undermined it--hence that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag had to punish Adam for wanting to know what was going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit