The more I think about it, the more the eternal condemnation of Adam and Eve makes no sense

by gubberningbody 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Rob, look up the gnostics in wikipedia or their writings on the Fordham Uni. web site. In their minds (as in the minds of the Greeks) any creator worth his salt would be a do nothing creator. Jehovah, was a demiurge in their view - a lesser god for having created the evil material realm.

Oh, okay. I'm following you now. I've read about Gnosticism. Fascinating stuff.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Black Sheep, I find that people who imagine that someone else, somewhere has some greater knowledge than themselves are usually right, but not for the reasons they imagine.

Ex:

Some hick says "I'm a goin' wit whut Paster Bob dune said. He ain't a steered me rong yit."

Some other hick says "Oooh haveyour read Ricky-D's new book, "The God Delusion!?" He's so smart! I'm going with what he says."

Both are hicks, and the mathematical value of the knowledge each has is equivalent-the null set.

You can be rich with someone else's money, but you can't be wise with someone else's wisdom.

You have to make the truth your own!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Once I worked out that it was just a collection of old legends, Genesis made sense.

I wish people would quit interpreting Genesis literally. Sigh.

Giving up a belief in original sin has been one of the best things I ever did.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Rob , What does it matter what people choose to explore?

If someone wants to explore then they do so because they want to and they want to because they derive pleasure for doing so.

I see no value in sitting about indolently imagining I've figured it all out. I haven't and likely will never do so, however if I can use the minds of other people as opposing energies in a particle accelerator of my own twisted design, then the collisions that occur and the serendipitous designs produced by these collisions may produce something interesting.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I do not understand your tone. Don't you realize you're preaching to the choir? You seem to be the one acting like it matters.

however if I can use the minds of other people as opposing energies in a particle accelerator of my own twisted design, then the collisions that occur and the serendipitous designs produced by these collisions may produce something interesting

So why deny me the same?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Eve's sin was a thirst for Knowledge. She was an inquisitive little wench.

She ate of the "fruit" of the tree of Knowledge.

What's more....she nor Adam had any prior knowledge of what was right or wrong; good or bad. It was only after they obtained knowledge that this 'reasoning' or conscience was imparted to them.

Man was never intended to have reasoning skills.

Genesis 3:

22 God said, "The Man has become like one of us, capable of knowing everything, ranging from good to evil. What if he now should reach out and take fruit from the Tree-of-Life and eat, and live forever? Never—this cannot happen!"

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Rob, I'm not denying anything to anyone. I'm looking for new. I'm quite mercenary and cold when you get to know me, with nothing but an envious eye for whatever shiny bit of novel thought anyone might have in his or her head and if I can shake it out of them and take it I will.

So whatcha got?

Where's the Genes-itical explanatory device?

• oompa
    oompa

i think we should stop thinking about such doubting notions......they may be even independant thingking or apostate.........oompa

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

"someone else, somewhere has some greater knowledge than themselves are usually right, but not for the reasons they imagine."

Could ya expand a little on this?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Cameo, that's certainly a bitter hole.

I'm getting ready to pull a Paul and let God be true, though every man (including Bible writers) be a liar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit