Wheee!!! spent a lovely evening with JW family *rolls eyes*

by Odrade 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Is this guy obsessed with sex crimes, or does he know that they are part of your problem with th WB&TS?

• Heaven
    Heaven

the best advice the Society ever gave regarding rape is to make yourself vomit on the rapist.

I think vomitting on JWs is the best advice on how to stop losers like your uncle.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Quandry: LMAO @ your second suggestion!

Edington: Exactly! but we know that already - the WTS has proved over and over just how lacking in compassion they are.

dudeson: Actually yeah, in a way that is what he was saying. He kept going on and on about how many innocent people are trapped in the prison system and that if it were run in the WT fashion that would never happen. "Two witness rule, two witness rule." He sounded like a damn parrot.

homeschool: I have a hard time myself, believing how over the top this was. Then I have to question myself, was it really over the top? Or are the zealous ones all this way, and I didn't notice when I was in, because I was used to it?

chickpea: Oh I'm under no delusion that anything I could say would get through to him. It's just that on some issues, I can't remain silent. Especially when such horrible things are being said, and I KNOW he has said the exact same things on Judicial Committees. "Did you scream? Did anyone see it? Well then, sorry. You'll just have to wait on Jehovah. You're disfellowshipped." I can just see it.

jamiebowers: He is obsessed with sex crimes AND sex. That was probably the 10th time that evening that I heard, when he mentioned either rape, sex, or the "sexual filth and perversion of the wicked system." FFS, we were only there for 2 hours!

Heaven: if I could have, believe me...

• Heaven
    Heaven

When my father first joined, he was a fanatic. I told my mother straight. I said "If you guys can't talk about anything other than Jehovah, I'm not coming." They stopped being so fanatical after that. Of course, I also pointed out to them that my mother was still smoking and never went out on service. Whatever.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

That guy is a FREAK. If he was going on like that I would have straight up left the event.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Heaven: The only thing U-I-L is not, is a hypocrite. He believes he holds himself to the same high standards. But don't even get me started on his views of women and their 2nd class citizenship. Party-line all the way.

daniel-p: We all left after barely 2 hours. Usually these family gatherings go on for much longer, but we had absolutely had our fill of his rhetoric. If it hadn't been for the fact that it would have hurt my M-I-L, I would have turned around and walked out after the first 10 minutes.

• Heaven
    Heaven

But don't even get me started on his views of women and their 2nd class citizenship. Party-line all the way.

Nasty! I think your migraine strategy is the best. I couldn't force food down my throat with this guy at the table.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

I think if you were to tell him that your now an apostate. omg he would of shout his mouth up quick and left... That should of worked. it worked on my mother... havent heard from her in a week... im so happy......

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I have visions of 1) the EXORCIST... and in her case even the split pea soup AND head spinning 360 didnt stop the priest...and 2) seeing a grown man "cry" on a stage on TV at some point going " I have SIIIIIIIIIIINNED MY LORD!!!" and wanting forgiveness and repentance and oh yeah MONEY and...

What is all that self righteousness boil down to but ego? The JWs have a HUGE frickin ego and haughtiness about them that Gaaawwwd Himself gave them ALLLLL the insight and the POWAH and the GLOOOORY in the world to preacha to the masses-ah and to save-ah all the people-ah......

amen.

Ugh..had I been you it wouldnt have been pretty. You have much more tolerance than I have.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Odrade said: He's worse than Rush Limbaugh, and possibly just as bombastic. He'd give some of those cable TV preachers a run for their hellfire and damnation money.

Oh man! I feel your pain.

And I think Quandry's suggestion is too funny!

"If I vomit right now, will it make you stop talking?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit