Harry Patch is dead

by Earnest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

White Dove: "Do people know just when they are about to take their last breaths?"

If it is a lingering debilitating death, I think they do know, just before the end.

My grandmother asked to be wheeled through the great hallway so she could look at everyone's portraits. She stopped and looked at each one and had some comment to make about a special memory of them.

She died a couple of days later.

If it is a sudden death, like what happened to me...I did not think of dying at all. There were things happening and I was caught up in the strange physical sensations and then wondering why people could not hear me when I answered. I was just coming to realize that I had separated from my physical self.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Could make for an interesting life story article in an upcoming Awake magazine.

Rub a Dub

• caliber
    caliber

cameo-d ...... I hear you .....I understand .

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This generation will by no means pass away . . . . .

• sir82
    sir82

I think any JW over the age of 40 or so, someone who still remembers the old "generation" teaching (though never speaks of it any more), who sees this will feel a bit of a twinge, a moment when the gears of cognitive dissonnance clash a bit....

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I think that the deaths of Henry Allingham and Harry Patch marks a milestone in our history. I left the JWs before the first "generation" teaching change. When I was a little girl, the end had to be close because the generation old enough to understand events in 1914 were getting so old. The End was going to come before I started school.

My son starts school next year.

• ninja
    ninja

my hairy patch is dying away too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit