Harry Patch is dead

by Earnest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Earnest
    Earnest

The BBC reports that Harry Patch, the last British survivor of the World War I trenches, has died at the age of 111. Only one British survivor of the First World War remains, namely Claude Choules who served with the Royal Navy and is now a mere 108.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I bet he was glad to go too.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Do people know just when they are about to take their last breaths?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

wow 111 that is amasing.....it mentions another guy died last week at 113.....how do people live so long....must have

done something special.....or was it like George Burns he said the secret to living long is one cigar a day...lol

h4o

• bibledike
    bibledike

I want a military service funeral when i pass i think its important to go with the country flag

• Gregor
    Gregor

I heard he was killed in a motocross accident.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Apologies to Olin Moyles Ghost who, I see, has already posted regarding this.

• caliber
    caliber

I know it's in the link but a final gesture of honor and respect I believe I shall directly post his picture for all

to see .

Apologies to Olin Moyles Ghost who, I see, has already
    posted
    regarding this
    Hey he reserves a little extra attention

Harry Patch

• Earnest
    Earnest
    or was it like George Burns he said the secret to living long is one cigar a day...

Hope4Others, Henry Allingham, who was the world's oldest man until he died a week ago, attributed his longevity to cigarettes, whisky and wild, wild women. Makes one wonder about Methuselah, doesn't it.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Apologies to Olin Moyles Ghost who, I see, has already posted regarding this.

No worries. I just thought PM Brown's statement was interesting...especially in the context of a JW board.

He said "The noblest of all the generations has left us, but they will never be forgotten. We say today with still greater force, we will remember them."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit