Today was day 1 of my district cultvention

by JerkhovahsWitless 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Trojan-in-Brooklyn
    Trojan-in-Brooklyn

At the DC I had to attend (my wife....) one of the speakers said (in a creepy tone): "Look at the clock....in past Assemblies it was said that the End is due in DAYS (he overemphasized that)...than it was only minutes......today we see SECONDS ticking by....(long pause)...."

After that Talk (he's some Bethel heavyweight in our country) every other speaker started repeating that same Bullshit "Seconds" "only Seconds" ...I am a very peaceful person, but I had the urge to go up and strangle him with his ugly tie, until he turns blue....really, made my blood boil.

Another stupid thing. The Drama. Working with Friends = go to hell. Come home, go with these Pioneers to serve in other Territories. Now, I have a friend at Brooklyn Bethel (Administrative work, i can't say what...) that regularly tells me about problems they have with the so called "Needgreaters" (pioneers who go abroad to Third World countries for service) and it seems that there is a great tendency for young people to leave for these countries (away from thei're parents exactly as in the drama) and to screw whatever moves in the bushes....most sponsored by Daddy and Mommy and by the Congos at home. I personally knew one guy from Chicago that went to Latinamerica and F%&*& several of his girl home bible studies....he used to send experiences to one member of the GB that knew his Mom from a old Congo they used to go...he was very proud that a member of the GB would get his "experiences" LOL, ROFMLAO!!!!!

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

So when do you suppose they'll be going for direct deposit out of your bank account?

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I think that acceptig credit cards is highly irresponsible. Debit cards connected to a current (checking account) I can accept as thats like cash but encouraging people to get into debt!!!

my parents are just back from a convention in the usa but they've not started to go on about it yet.........i dread to think what they'll go on about

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I've been putting off mentioning day 3. I've successfully managed to block most of it out of my mind. I'm so glad its over.

The audio announcement wasn't made at this particular convention. I asked a friend of mine if it was since he was there for the entire 3 days.

Oh, and I caught the age of the kid who was on stage Friday (the one who at 6 was an unbap pub). He was the youngest to get baptized on Saturday. He is now 8 years old.

All I remember about Sunday is what a load of BS the drama was! That was the largest amount of propaganda I ever recall seeing (or am I just noticing it now?). Its like the WT read things cult members say and decided to include them into the drama script. I could not believe people were emotionally moved to cry, oooooh, ahhhhh, laugh and applaud that crap. If I was a bible study or some walk-in, I would be disgusted at how people who aren't JWs were portrayed. That drama was the final thing I needed to see to be 100% convinced that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult. Someone please tell me there's a video of the drama on the net somewhere?

An interesting thing happened at dinner that night. I went with family and friends of my family (a couple of them had to wear their jehooba damn badges to dinner). The waiter was talking to a sister at the table about some other restaurant. The waiter mentioned he had only been there once and didn't remember it too well because he was drunk. The sister didn't seem to mind that, after all she was sucking down more alcohol than she could handle, like the rest of the JWs at the table, but when the waiter said it was at a birthday celebration I saw her cult personality trigger. Her body got tense, her friendly smile turned into a bitchy scowl and she broke eye contact with the waiter and that was the end of the conversation. Creepy... The waiter looked puzzled and walked away.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Why doesn't wts give receipts for donations so folks can take tax deductions?" here in Europe, they do. 2-3,000$ for the branch and 2-3,000$ for the congregation are deductable. And donations by plastic has been possible for years - so I guess you US folks are just plain SLOW .......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit