Afterbirth: It's What's for Dinner!

by VIII 19 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

choosing life wrote:

"That is gross, but the placenta has been used in many products that we use for years. The hospital actually saves it and sells it by the pound to companies."

No way!! What types of products?! Are we eating them?

I had no idea. One more reason to not eat processed food.

I wouldn't want to rub it on my face either. Yuck.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

choosing life: "

That is gross, but the placenta has been used in many products that we use for years. The hospital actually saves it and sells it by the pound to companies."

Are people aware that they are signing away their rights to their body parts when they enter the hospital?

They have the nerve to charge people $100 bucks for an aspirin and then they turn around and sell people's used body parts without their knowledge?

I have heard that some clinics sell aborted fetuses to the shampoo industry years ago.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wrong very Wrong. Only animals eat their placentas and thats so other meat eaters don't smell the birth of their new born babies.

How very disgusting.

r.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They use placentas in a lot of products, but the only one I can remember is cosmetics. I don't think they are in any food products.

When you sign the papers for treatment in the hospital, you give them the right to discard of body parts removed as they see fit.

• VIII
    VIII

OMG!!

I have to start reading the ingredients on stuff and when and if I'm in the hospital I am not going to sign away anything. I am also going to let my friend know about the placenta signing away business. I don't think she knew. I'll tell her to ask the doc. This is eye opening.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I like ot have my placentas extra rare and still pink in the middle, with a side order of carrots and corn on the cob.

• VIII
    VIII

frankiespeakin, I think you need to add some extra spice to these! They sound like they taste like liver. Not nice.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

VIII,

Well then change my order to smothered in onions,,but don't change the side order.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just found this yesterday. I will have to wait until Paradise before I get a placenta to play with though.

HOW to isolate stem cells from a placenta at home

Instead of eating the placenta, how about isolating stem cells from it and storing them for your family's future? From Attila Csordás comes this lesson in DIY biohacking

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/01/23/how_to_isolate_stem_.html

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is so gross.

The dubbies in my kingcongregation discussed this, as it was "natural" because it contains nutrients lost during childbirth. More proof they are quite barking insane.

People drink urine too. (WTH?)

Why is taking vitamins such a bad thing? You don't even need 'em. I've plugged many a day's intake into a food calculator and as long as I eat healthy, I get all my vitamins and minerals from food. Edible food, not bodily discharges.

No way!! What types of products?!

I think Pantene shampoo at one time used it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit