Somewhere to stay between San Francisco and Las Vegas?

by sweet pea 15 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

I spent a week in Bakersfield one night. Avoid it if you can.

p.s. Or, leave SF at 6 am for lighter traffic out of the City and drive straight through. With pit stops, you would be there by 4 p.m.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If ya happen to be on the north end of SF, try crossing the bay into Mill Valley. Great little town and most of the restaurants get there wine from the local wineries. Stuff u don't see in stores

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone - looks like one things for sure - Bakersfield doesn't get the thumbs up LOL.

Keep em' comin'

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well the problem with Bakersfiled is not the choice of hotels. I stayed at the Four Season's last time I was out there. It's that it's hot and there's nothing to do there but look at the scary inbred people

• Spectre
    Spectre

Paso Robles is nice.

• I quit!
    I quit!

So how is your friend planning on getting from San Francisco to Vegas? If it were me I would want to get into the LA area and go to Vegas from there. From San Francisco you can head east to Reno or Tahoe which are both fun but the from Reno to Las Vegas through Nevada is pretty dull unless you are into ghost towns. The most scenic would be driving the coast from SF to LA then then taking the 15 to Vegas.

I was in Paso Robles (Paso Robos as the locals pronounce it for some strange reason) and also liked it. It is on the 101 between SF and LA It has some great wineries there if you like tasting wine. It was somewhere along the the road between Paso Robles and LA where James Dean was killed in a car accident. You can Google it and find the exact place. I also agree that Bakersfield sucks so don't stay there. (Sorry I said that if anyone here lives in Bakersfield)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit