If A Police Officer "Asked" You To Do Something Would You Necessarily Do It?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If a cop asked you if he could search your vehicle, would you let him?

If a cop asked you personal information would you feel obliged to answer him?

Do you believe that a police officer has the "right" to question you about a matter simply because he's a cop?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

yes of course

• yknot
    yknot

1) Nope.

2) Only if I am legally required

3) Not in a democracy

In fact I and other citizens recently petitioned the village to ask a certain new chief to resign or be removed. He resigned Monday.

There are good cops and bad cops. Good ones are just 'doing their job', bad ones are on a trip to aid their low self esteem.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

NO.......I would make a huge fuss...acuse him of being racist....chase him outside asking for his badge number, until he arrests me for being a huge pain in the ass.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No to all 3. Police questioning is like an information net. The less they know about a person, the better for the person. They are supposed to be SERVING the public. It os also known that cops will lie in order to get what they want.

S

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think it's important for people to know what their rights are before such things occur. For example, under what circumstance is a police officer allowed to search your car, or solicit personal information, and how personal.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    It os also known that cops will lie in order to get what they want.

Your point? I've told plenty of women that I WOULD respect them in the morning.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Priest

Yabut, do you put them in jail, after you're done w em;)

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Priest

S

• Priest73
    Priest73

No. I prefer to just get up, get my money and leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit