Kingdom Ministry ANNOUNCEMENTS September 2009

by RR 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

For the month of

November: What Does the Bible Really Teach? If householders already have the book, publishers may offer any 192-page book published prior to 1992

Translation: "We have too many old books, help us get rid of them"

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wish they'd start printing the Expiration Date inside the publications.

Should it be 8 to 12 months?

• yknot
    yknot

Can you post a pdf?

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

What, is it only 192 paged books that don't show that JW teaching is constantly changing, and could therefore arouse suspicion in the householder?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Translation: "We have too many old books, help us get rid of them"

I guess they've never heard of e-bay.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter
    I guess they've never heard of e-bay

Or the rubbish bin!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually some of the older books were printed on paper that has yellowed and the rank and file (and some elders) won't place them. I wonder if they recycle them. I know that some elders encouraged newer jws to get the yellowed books for their libraries.

In my area the book that still sits on the shelf in the greatest numbers:

God's "Eternal Purpose" Now Triumphing for Man's Good (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society)

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

UGH!! I could never maintain enough enthusiasm in the books to finish reading it myself. I was never a good one to place that crap publication with householders.

And why 192 pages? Did they prattle aimlessly until they filled all 192 pages?? Did all of these books have to fit the criteria of "Must fit into 192 pages?"

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Would that include Studies in the Scriptures? Is there any indicator within the flycover of the books (yes I know they don't have flycover) as to the when it became old night or not?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Did all of these books have to fit the criteria of "Must fit into 192 pages?"

Jehovah revealed light in only 192 page blocks for the WT to print.
    Sometimes Jehovah rambled a bunch of old light to fill the necessary content limit.

Actually, WTS probably is out of older books but the members have them at the Hall or in the trunk of their car or somewhere.

"Placing books" is becoming costly to WTS, but moving stuff that was already paid for (by somebody) doesn't cost them anything.
    Also, if older 192-page books never were paid for, they never will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit