Satan- Perfect Scapegoat for Witnesses Ignoring Real Causes of Situations

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So does Satan still scare everybody ? Or does everybody kind of think it's just a figment of witnesses imagination ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up for some newbies who have joined the board since I posted this. Thought it would be good to talk about. All comments welcome

• littlebird
    littlebird

Its funny you bumped this up, flipper. Just the other day I got sick of hearing my soon to be ex, blaming Satan for all our problems, so I piped up and said. " You people give Satan more attention then actual Satan worshippers do!"

Jws (some of them) act as if Satan is omnipresent or something, they just don't want to take personal responsibility for anything.

• flipper
    flipper

LITTLEBIRD- Exactly, good point you make. The bottom line is that witnesses don't WANT to take responsibility for their bad decisions- it's much easier to blame Satan, or their own " imperfections " . Either way it's a cop out for sure

• Chalam
    Chalam

Satan- Perfect Scapegoat for Witnesses Ignoring Real Causes of Situations

Agreed.

Second scapegoat is "jehovah's will".

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

What's the Fundamentalists scapegoat(s) Stephen-

• designs
    designs

I guess objectivity and honest appraisal aren't in the Fundamentalists hand book....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

damn stupid blaming Satan for controlling the media, say newspapers for example, with include TV Listings,Sports Results,Crosswords,Foreign Correspondents,Travel News etc etc all Satan's work is it?

• flipper
    flipper

CHALAM- Witnesses and the WT society use Satan & Jehovah's will as scapegoats, yes indeed.They also use " imperfection " as an easy out as well.

JOOKBEARD- The WT society blames EVERYTHING on Satan virtually. Media, news, ANYTHING happening in the world outside the JW realm. It's really weird

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I remember sitting at a convention and one of the speakers was talking about how Satan had caused his medical problems and the financial problems that followed.

Of course, then Jehovah supported his continuing to pioneer instead of getting a real job and health insurance.

My mom made the comment, "You know, that dumbass just got everyone in his congregation to pony up for his medical expenses. He should be thanking his congregation!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit