I floated when I was baptized

by rebel8 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Baptized three times for emphasis! You get a G on your baptism!

Do you weigh the same as a duck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

• rebel8
    rebel8

So far in this thread we have witches, Cheerios, turds, Holy Spirit, and Hope all causing flotation. No Ivory Soap yet. I think I prefer hope!

Were you the talk of the convention? how old were you anyway?

I remember there was some talk, but I wouldn't have heard a lot of gossip if it was going on. I was 15 - 17 I think....pressure to get dunked because I was 'so old'. There was a lot of question as to whether my dunking 'counted'.

I didn't consider it a trial or anything. I just thought the bro was a dumbass. If you screw up the simple task of dunking someone under the water...twice in a row...maybe you're a few bricks shy of a load.

People kept asking me if I "feel different". They all said they did after dunkage.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You forgot gas....

• rebel8
    rebel8

Right, GAS!

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Isn't baptism really an outward formality? Sometimes I look back, and go "Really?" It's just like counting time that you devote to God. It should be between you and God, not you and man.

Funny though, I floated too. Like a cheerio. I always felt it was a sign that I was a poor Chrisitian.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That's too funny rebel - I think I would have said forget it had that been me!

I remember people asking me if I felt different too. I didn't probably cause it meant nothing to me sort of like going to the meeting, fs, giving talks just something I had to do at the time.

nj

• caliber
    caliber

I was 15 - 17 I think....pressure to get dunked because I was 'so old'. There was a lot of question as to whether my dunking 'counted'

Below is a boy being Baptist in a children's pool

If you wait too long they can't fit you in the pool ..you have to give them" a leg up" on these things ! ...

• Gram
    Gram

The "first time" I was dunked was when I was 9 yrs old and my grandmother took me to meetings, etc. Afterwards, my gram asked me how I felt or something along that line. I said "it was fun" -- to her dismay, she told me to "hush" this was supposed to be a serious time, not "fun." I sort of floated at first, maybe that skirt on the oh-so-modest bathing suit, then the air squished out and down I went.

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the picture I have of my Baptismâ„¢, where I am coming out of the pool, showing a very noticable "dry spot" on my bathing suit over my left breast, would be enough to have my Baptismâ„¢ declared null-and-void.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My leg came up when I was baptized, and I had to be dunked twice. Maybe my foot had more sense than my head did at that time--perhaps because I cannot read the scam littera-trash with my feet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit