I floated when I was baptized

by rebel8 19 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I told the elder doing the pre-baptism stuff that I didn't really want to get baptized.

At the ass-embly, I didn't say the baptismal vows. Just stood there. The attendant was mouthing, "say it", to me, or something like that, but I didn't.

When I got to the tank, the first time the dude dunked me without warning. I inhaled a bunch of H2O and kicked my way free from his grip. I rose to loud applause, spitting up water from my nose and mouth.

Once I stopped hacking, he tried again. Now this dude was short, and the pool was shallow. I had a hard time bending my long legs that far backwards, a la The Limbo.

He pushed too hard and my legs flew back up to the surface. One of my more graceful moments. More applause.

He said some mumbo jumbo about me not being fully dead to sin or something, so we had to go again.

I told him not to push, just support me. He did and held me down for a while to be sure. Pleasant.

This time the audience held back clapping until the bro gave them the .

I wonder if this bears a resemblance to the days when they'd dunk suspected witches, and if they floated, they were convicted. Or perhaps it foreshadowed things to come.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

My cheerios float back to the top after I dunk them in milk too.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some theme music for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzgz5-ilUE

• nelly136
    nelly136

gas?

• purplesofa
  • C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Was Holy Spirit pushing you back up?

• carla
    carla

geez Rebel, things just are never easy for you are they? what a memory! kind of conflicts with jw's who have this 'it was the best day of my life' attitude. Were you the talk of the convention? how old were you anyway?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hope Floats.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I see a lot of things in my septic tank that float too...

• Mickey mouse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit