If The Bible Is The Word Of God...

by XJW4EVR 210 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The full reading of the bible reveals that either God is the cruelest and the most unloving toward humanity of any of the gods past and present !

www.evilbible.com So really Reniaa god wrote the words in the bible, is that really the whole truth of the matter ?

Interesting isn't that religionists who are out to postulate just pick out what scripture they want and leave out the rest.

• Chalam
    Chalam

However what I am interested in finding out is if the Bible is the word of God, then what would you expect to find?

What God has to say!

In fact, that should read "What God has to say to you".

Quite seriously, use a decent bible BibleGateway, ask the Holy Spirit to speak John 14:26 1 Corinthians 2:14 and open your "ears" Matthew 11:15 Matthew 13:9 Matthew 13:43

Happy reading :)

All the best,

Stephen

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

When I check the inside cover of my bible, the author isn't listed as "Almighty God".

Why is this even a question?

- Lime

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would expect to find fossil evidence of the animals spreading out from one location, either no animals except birds on Australia or some kind of evidence of how the animals got there in the last 4000 years or so. I certainly would expect that the current fossil record of man and animals would not have existed, nor would all that oil be in the ground if life wasn't millions of years old.

I would expect that the Bible would have been a bit clearer when it touched on science, not just saying the "circle" of the earth. It would have told of what the stars really are, it would have contained real medical instructions for longer life.

I would expect to find evidence that there really was an exodus outside of the Bible, evidence that David really ruled a mighty nation and not just a little village nation that never included the 10 tribes.

I would expect the Bible not to tell conflicting stories of the same events. (from Creation to the life of Jesus to slight variations on Paul's story)

I suppose the God of the Bible could have been okay with slavery, war, subjection of women to men, rape, etc. I wouldn't want to worship that God, but He wouldn't be much better than the gods of the nations. I guess they would have been copying the true god. I would have hoped that God was better than that. It seems that man made God in their image instead of the other way around.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Perhaps a chapter on germ theory and the recipe for penecillin.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I would not expect page upon page of repetition and irrelevancy. How many cubits is that wall in the temple again? I feel sorry for the elders who had to come up with 10 minutes worth of things to say about that crap.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Faith is the fatigue resulting from the attempt to preserve God's integrity instead of one's own." -- Matt Berry

• oompa
    oompa

it would be clear and understandable to all mankind.....AND it would be personally written by him in an indelible manner and in some place that it could not be tampered with!!!!!........and he would probably protect it by angels with flaming swords so nobody could screw with it and add his name 237 times to their NWT bible with no reason except they want it in the new testament!!!!

i mean the pyramids have been around for ages, and the original writings can still be frikkin read!!!....they were not written on toilet tissue!!!!....oompa

esp those angels protecting it would prove it for me.........

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would also expect totally protection of the Bible by God. There would be no variation on the canon, the language to use, the definitions of those words. I would expect Holy Spirit to really guard the meaning to keep it constant and clear and to get it into all the languages of the earth to mean the same thing.

Good point about the wasted pages on wasted subjects.

• villabolo
    villabolo

If the Bible is the word of God I would find out that this Universe and Mankind had the misfortune of being created by a psychotic psychopath.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit