Wars, Famine, Lawlessness, Disobedient Children, Never Ending Sign For End Of the World?

by frankiespeakin 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

There are many occurances upon the planet earth that could resemble the prophesies, however those which occurred in The Holy Land, the birthplace of Jesus Christ is true fulfillment of prophecy. Most of all prophecies have already been fulfilled.......

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Whitedove,

Jesus said to "watch out" for deceivers. He did not say watch out for wars. Tell me, when there were no wars? When was the first earthquake? When did famines first start?

There are no "signs of the last days". The Christian says, "Ready, coming or not", while Jesus says, "Coming, ready or not".

Just as it was in the days of Noah, people will be going about their normal daily activities, totally oblivious to the imminence of that final event.

"As it was in the days of Noah,so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage,up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (Matt 24:37-39, NIV)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was even thinking not only are war part of a sign but so is peace(2thess somewhere). I guess the bible prophecies got all bases covered in case it come in war or peace.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

frankiespeakin,

There ARE NO signs of Christ's coming, neither war nor peace.

There are only deceivers who would point to them, people who say they come with Christ's name (authority).

Jesus says, Do not believe them, for our Father in Heaven is the only One who knows the timing of Christ's Coming.

The title to the thread speaks of "disobedient children". When was there a time where there was no disobedient child?

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

"As it was in the days of Noah,so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage,up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man." (Matt 24:37-39, NIV)

In the days of Noah means "floods". There was "no warning" before the Tsunami hit the shores in The Middle East. This is what the scripture was referring to, and also Katrina. These are "historical events and bible prophecy coincides with historical events.

• Mary
    Mary

I used to wonder about this, even when I was going to the KH. If Jesus was the Son of God, why couldn't he have given more specific examples of what the world would be like in the "last days"? Something that mentions technological advances would have been good, because that's basically the only thing that has seperated 'this generation' from all the generations for the last 2,000 years.

As it is, all the 'signs' could fit any generation simply because every generation has had to deal with wars, famines, disease and earthquakes.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

I used to wonder about this, even when I was going to the KH. If Jesus was the Son of God, why couldn't he have given more specific examples of what the world would be like in the "last days"? Something that mentions technological advances would have been good, because that's basically the only thing that has seperated 'this generation' from all the generations for the last 2,000 years.

As it is, all the 'signs' could fit any generation simply because every generation has had to deal with wars, famines, disease and earthquakes.

There are. Dragons are planes or aircrafts, Serpents are missiles, and locusts are helicopters. What about stings from scorpions, or stingrays, scorpion missiles etc. etc. They are all there you just have to understand the meaning of the scripture.

• steve2
    steve2

There are. Dragons are planes or aircrafts, Serpents are missiles, and locusts are helicopters. What about stings from scorpions, or stingrays, scorpion missiles etc. etc. They are all there you just have to understand the meaning of the scripture.

Oh dear. The interpretation of scriptures "true" meaning by metaphor - a favorite pastime of "true" believers for millenia. Heaven help us from yet more weird interpretations based on the convenience of creative hindsight. I shouldn't be so dismissive. Who knows that some brightly "inspired" scribe will demonstrate that the Bible even foretold texting and the internet? I'm all ears and wings.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Oh dear. The interpretation of scriptures "true" meaning by metaphor

How else would you write it so that everyone in different times such as B.C. or before Christ would somewhat understand it? Perhaps you have a better way of doing so. Or maybe you think you are above GOD and His ability to put forth a "holy bible".......how many "holy bibles" have you written?

What type of fruit did Adam and Eve eat in the garden of eden? I am certain that you are not even aware that it was not a literal fruit that they ate. Or can you explain how there could even exist a tree of the knowledge of good and bad? Where do you find such a tree?

• steve2
    steve2

Or maybe you think you are above GOD and His ability to put forth a "holy bible".......how many "holy bibles" have you written?

My beef ain't with GOD or holy scripture - but the truly endless ways individuals and collective groups interpret metaphorical language and declare their interpretations to be the true version. Even Freud said that sometimes a trumpet is simply a trumpet - nothing more or less. So too with scripture: it's simple, metaphorical language has been pillaged for centuries and taken on additional meanings probably way beyond what was initially intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit