Man on the Moon

by Satanus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are you a believer, agnostic, or nonbeliever? I'm a believer, but, i get moments of doubt. I read how it could have been faked. Yet, the evidence that it was real is practically monolithic.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I say real too. The USA wants to be the main in the lead or running things out there for what ever advantage it gives them. So in my mind why fake it.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I say real also.. I was to young to specifically remember the landing of Apollo 11, but I do rmember watching men on the moon on TV as a kid. I think it was one of the later landings.

I really think there is value in what NASA and other space agencies are doing. It is really disappointing that we havent been back on the moon for 37 years. There is little support for the different space projects from one Administration to another and there is lack of coorperation between governments on the IIS projects. As they say "necessity is the mother of invention" - If we dont push ourselves, nothing new will be produced. Every day people push themselves to create new inventions for medicine, energy and entertainment, but with regard to space exploration, cosmology and astronomy we are resting on the laurels achieved decades ago.

(end rant)

Darth Fader

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

maybe the conspiricy guys who claim humans were told by aliens to stay off the moon are right--- but i kinda doubt it

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it can't be fake I have seen tons of cartoons where they land on it, and the flag is there!

ha ha, gotta have doubts though since we haven't been there in XX years?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Surely if it were fake we would have been back a few more times by now, since it would be cheaper to go back if it were fake

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

As with other conspiracy ideas, one of the biggest problems with the premise is one must believe that They could keep it secret for decades with no leaks whatsoever. Decades of silence and not one anonymous source to a Woodward-Bernstein type reporter? Why the Watergate conspiracy and not these other conspiracies? I'm sorry, but it's just not logical.

The Apollo missions did land on the moon, 19 cult fanatics flew 3 jets into 3 separate buildings, 3 shots were fired in Dealey Plaza by 1 gunman and the Japanese navy really did surprise the American navy at Pearl Harbor.

Chris

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I don't believe it ever happened.

Foil to keep the sun flare radiation from frying them in their capsules? Oh please, give me a break. They'd be fried bacon once the ship leaves outside of the protection of the ozone layer of our earth.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'no leaks whatsoever. Decades of silence and not one anonymous source to a Woodward-Bernstein type reporter? '

Good points, chris. Like i say, i believe, almost all of the time. It's just that you can't drive over there to the moon and check it out for yourself. Maybe my moments of doubt have to do the shattering of my jw beliefs and my bible beliefs, and then the shattering of the basic trust i had in people, beliefs that i was raised on and lived in for most of my life. Still, it seems reasonable that it's true.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Big Tex, I don't know about the 3 shots or the Japanese surprise.

But you are right on the others.

Maybe you are right on the 3 shots and the Japanese.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit