The JW's Have Invaded the National Park

by outofservice 28 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Watch 'em squirm.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

pull a Jesus and overturn their tables for disrespecting the sanctity of the national park!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Great Ideas! You guys are so Evil Wish you were there yesterday we could of had some fun.

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

They are at the beach too. Looks really strange. Atleast the men are in short sleeves. Maybe they should put their tables of literature in the zoo. In front of the bats!! (that wasn't very nice) HAHA

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.nps.gov/romo/parkmgmt/upload/special_use_permit_application_2009.pdf

Here is the form they probably used and an excerpt:

Is this an exercise of First Amendment Rights (ie. religion, press conference,

distribution of printed material, or free speech)? Y N

Are you familiar with/have you visited the requested area? Y N

Have your obtained a permit from the National Park Service in the past? Y N

If yes, provide date and location of your last permit issued: _________________________.

Do you plan to advertise or issue a press release before the event? Y N

Will you distribute printed material? Y N

Is there any reason to believe there will be attempts to disrupt,

protest or prevent your event? If yes, please explain on a separate page. Y N

Do you intend to solicit donations or offer items for sale?

(These activities may require an additional permit.) Y N

Submit this completed application to:

Chief Ranger’s Office

Rocky Mountain National Park

Phone: 970-586-1209

1000 Highway 36 Fax: 970-586-13

Estes Park, CO 80517

Information provided will be used to determine whether a permit will be issued. A non-refundable administrative charge (up to $200) will be assessed when the permit is issued. No fee will be charged for First Amendment permits. Do not include a check with this application.

If your request is approved, a permit containing applicable terms and conditions will be sent to the person designated on the application. The official permit must be signed by the responsible person and returned to the park prior to the event for final approval by a designee of the Park Superintendent.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Dammit where are the BEARS when you NEED them???

• blondie
    blondie

Rather than get the bears in trouble and carted into the hinterland or worse yet, killed, why doesn't someone from that area apply for their own table and set out tasteful educational material about jws? I saw an ex-jw from this board (no longer posts) do that in a university setting. Rather than wasting energy and perhaps seen as petty, this person talked to many people, gave away lots of brochures, and the jws just folded up their table and disappeared.

Blondie

• outofservice
    outofservice

Oh Blondie that sounds like so much fun. I just don't know if I have the cojones to do it by myself. I am part of an EX JW group that gets together each month maybe I could bring it up might be a fun group activity.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Is there any reason to believe there will be attempts to disrupt, protest or prevent your event? If yes, please explain on a separate page. Y N"

This line from the form posted got my attention. Why is the National Parks system concerned about this - unless they don't want protesting right there - as a result of the group applying?

Maybe it would be something to 'protest' - or 'disrupt'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit