The JW's Have Invaded the National Park

by outofservice 28 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Knocking on shanty doors??!! now I've heard everything!

• blondie
    blondie

If the jws had a table in the park, then the park service must have policies that allow them to do so. Rather than complaining about the jws that are taking advantage of this, I would complain to the Park Service.

• outofservice
    outofservice

Yes I am sure the Park Service approved it. They were right there on the walkway of the of the welcome center.Looked like they set up for the day. Maybe one of the big wigs at the Park is a JW. It thought that National Parks are a government entity so I don't know how they could really get approval for such a thing.It's not like they were just walking through the parking lot handing out tracts.This was a big table full of crap.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Due to their controlling nature, I would let the park service know that there could be serious reprecussions if a person trying to leave the religion was seen hanging out with someone the religion prohibits. There is a breach of privacy going on with their required spying and reporting methods that threaten the peace of park visitors. Planting themselves at the entrance of the park gives them an easy way to spy if the opportunity presents itself. It's a great invasion of privacy.

• nelly136
    nelly136

so if said literature was dropped all over the park who would cop the blame/fines?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

The local airport here has a table run by JWs. I talked to them (undercover) and they told me that the pioneers share shifts there. Very few people take literature and even fewer people try to engage them in discussions. It's a great 3 hour shift in an air conditioned building!

• frozen one
    frozen one

Actually I'd encourage witnesses to "preach" in this manner. On the 4th I went to the park to catch the music and watch the fireworks. At the entrance to the park a religous group, not jws, were standing there with big signs (REPENT YOUR SINS, JESUS LOVES YOU, etc) handing out literature. I thought they were a bunch of nut jobs and I'd guess that many of the others who attended thought the same thing. I'd think that most of the people who were at the Natl. Park where the witnesses were "preaching" didn't walk by thinking how wonderful it was to see them there. What a fine witness!

Knocking on fish house doors...too funny. Maybe they got that great idea from Matt 4 or Mark 1, "I will make you fishers of men."

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We were just in RMNP over fourth of July ...I am so glad we skipped the Visitor center this time .

JW's in our town have set up a similar display out front of Wal-Mart . I guess they figure since no one is home anymore they need to go where the people are ,however it looks to be a huge waste of time since NO ONE stops to look at their propooganda (i know it's spelledd wrong i am making a statement :)

• outofservice
    outofservice

I really have never seen or can imagine the "Main Stream" religions doing this, so I think it just makes them look like the nut jobs they are. With the large number of ones that have left and some are still very angry, I would think that they might be a little leary of getting into a loud confrontation in front of a huge crowd. But maybe they think it would be a good witness who knows.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hehehe, fine witness, hehehe. I stand corrected. Idea: go up to them and whisper that you are an apostate. Then in a normal tone ask what their set up is about. Ask them why they aren't talking to you. HELLOOO! Fine witness to others standing nearby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit