The JW's Have Invaded the National Park

by outofservice 28 Replies latest jw friends

• outofservice
    outofservice

Is nothing sacred? We decided to spend a beautiful summer day at Rocky Mountain National Park. We drive into the visitor center and what do we see? There is a table FULL of literature and two older Dubs sitting in there lawn chairs with umbrellas enjoying the scenery . Under the table are two large clear tubs filled with more literature it looked like they cleaned out the whole literature counter.The place was crowded and nobody was going near them. My husband walked by and said 135 years of predictions and none of them have come true and the old fella just kind of half laughed my husband just kept walking he had our 4 year old with him and didn't want to get into it. I just though what a lazy way to count time. I never had it that good, sitting in your lawn chair with gorgeous scenery counting your time. I should of taken a pic but didn't think about it till we left.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's a great way to get in the time. One time I saw them on the lawn by a beach in an wealthier area of town.

• chickpea
    chickpea

bet a rah-rah CO on a recent
    visit recommended everyone try
    this approach with stories of other
    "more spirit-filled" congregations
    having great results....

i remember one CO visit here in the snowbelt
    that had FS groups headed out onto the
    frozen lakes to annoy the ice fishermen....
    since they have ice houses in what look
    like small neighbourhoods, they were
    literally knocking on doors!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'annoy the ice fishermen'

Oh cod!

S

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was just in Rocky Mt. National Park a few weeks ago. It was stunning. We stayed in Colorado Springs at the Marriot.

When we came out the morning we were leaving, there were many people walking around dressed nicely-kids too. Knew right away there was a convention going on.

As we were loading the car at the front of the motel, a well dressed group of men and women came by. I began saying, "The generation that was alive in 1914 will not pass away until Armageddon"....they looked at me and kept walking.....I continued...."No, the contemporary generation that does not accept Jesus"....they began walking faster.....I said, louder, "No, now the generation is the annointed".....they were no longer looking but I helped them to be on time, as they were walking away very fast by now.....

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Well they are the true messengers from god aren't they ? he he

Never heard or seen that before !

Those are what you could very well call cheap and easy hours for sure.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they're starting to love mall and college service too

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's their idea of "fun". To go into a national park (or an amusement park) with a pocket full of wastes of paper or a circus bag handing out littera-trash to other visitors is what they are supposed to do (and then they can call it a "vacation" or a "recreational trip" at the a$$emblies to anyone that doubts that any fun is allowed). At least most of them are dogging it by pretending to offer littera-trash.

What you really need to look out for is when they crack down on this taking it easy. When they start going after people with their littera-trash and not taking no for an answer, the rangers and park managers need to be on the watch to have their littera-trash thrown away (and, if that doesn't work, the witlesses ejected from the parks for religious solicitation). We need to keep recreational activities religiously neutral, or we are soon going to have a new national religion--Jehovah's Witlesses (and a Second Dark Ages a few years later).

• White Dove
    White Dove

Quandry,

That was funny. Good job!

• chickpea
    chickpea

@ satanus

annoy the ice fishermen'
    Oh cod!

holy mackerel!

Share this

Google+