Help! First X-mas Party

by TweetieBird 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

We've been invited to a Christmas Party Monday night and I'm not sure what the protocol is. Are we suppose to take a gift, bottle of wine, etc?

The guy thinks we are still witnesses, he said he still wants us to come, even though we don't celebrate it. Since I've never been to one, please help me out. Any info will be appreciated.

• Celia
    Celia

Depends... Do you know these people who invited you well ?
    Or are they just acquaintances, co-workers ?

Can't help you much, don't go to parties....
    A bottle of good wine or Champagne would be ok.

• Scully
    Scully

It sounds to me as though you feel like giving a gift, so by all means, do so. Something small is appropriate, such as a box of chocolates, or a bottle of wine, or even a nice ornament for the host's Christmas tree. A CD of instrumental Christmas music is also a good choice.

Have a good time!!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

A bottle of wine is very welcome to the host or hostess. A box of chocolates, or an interesting candle or unique small Christmas ornament are other ideas. I often make "nuts and bolts" at Christmas, and I have found that homemade treats are very well recieved. There are lots of pretty gift bags to put it in, or just tie a bow around the neck of the bottle. Make sure you attach a tag, so they can remember later who brought it.
    It isn't the expense of the present, it is the thought behind it.
    Have a wonderful time!

• LB
    LB

Tweetie it is good to wear clean underware. I went to my first Christmas party this year and boy was I embarressed. I would have preferred to undress in the dark, but they had the lights on high.

Most good hosts provide birth control and protection. So no worries there.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Uncle's bearing gifts,

What is a bottle of plonk?

Tweetie a nice little bunch of misteltoe with a red ribbon, hidden in your pocket, may just help the party to party.

Of course I would never resort to such tactic's.

Danny

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thanks everyone for the help.

LB, what if one does not wear underwear at all?

• toddy
    toddy

If one does not wear underwear then rule 404 applies:take photo's and post them on this site

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

tweet - you're sure this isn't a tupperware party - very popular with jw ladies i believe ...

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn

what if one does not wear underwear at all?

In that case, email me for the address of said party.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit