What type of person makes a good JW?

by Sour Grapes 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    They have a propensity to need extreme structure in their lives and feel comfortable when someone they perceive as an "authority" stands over them and watches their behavior, rewarding them for good behavior and punishing them for bad.

I believe journey-on is correct about being institutionalized. But I think that is what causes the need for structure, not the other way around. I became very acclimated to structure and strict obedience as a born-in. I find that hard to break in myself now that I'm out. I have difficulty accomplishing or taking-on new tasks if there are not defined guidelines or persons to be accountable to for it. At the same time, I have come to have a sour taste for authority and the more I learn and become myself the more I am inclined to rebel against authority. The desire to be subservient was something the witnesses implanted in me, not a natural feeling that made be a witness.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

A person who needs to feel superior to everyone else and be "more special" to God than you.

• caliber
    caliber

I don't think his list is saying all witness have all these qualities or thinking patterns but I think any of us could pick

out one or two points that either applied to us or certainly to fellow witnesses we knew of.

• The Berean
    The Berean

One who finds that nothing else works for them ...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A combination of no opportunities with the opposite sex (nice going, Jehovah Baghead), being promised that they would fix this issue, having no other sources to cross-reference the religion with, and a humanoid that would not take no for an answer until I was in among the witlesses.

And they wonder why I used to dog fieid circus. They wonder why I kept my big mouth shut when they were driving right by a house or street, forcing them to waste their time hunting for it when I could have had them there in 15 seconds. And why I would let calls go out of date, not working them. And why I would hope no one shows up for field circus at all.

• fluke
    fluke

Heh, yeah...

I was number one... Though I left before baptizm...

I think women are more of a target too...

Oh, anyone who cant decide for themselves what is right or wrong...

• chickpea
    chickpea

#8 was what made me
    low-hanging fruit, readily
    entrapped in the web of
    manipulative deceit that
    is the trademark of WTS

since then i have snapped out of it
    and put on my big girl underwear
    and learned to live with the reality
    that life is brutally hard sometimes.....

yay! if faith in this, that or the other
    gets you out of bed in the morning...

i just dont seem to have that need
    at this point in my life...

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

In my time with the hypocrites, I found in men especially, to be a good witness was to be a "YES MAN" then you would do very well.

I Failed miserably I didn't even make "Tea Boy".

KT

• fokyc
    fokyc

Too right KT, you must agree absolutely with the elders,

even if what they are saying or doing is clearly wrong.

So being a 'Yes man' is an essential quality for a JW

NEVER, argue or have a difference with an elder, it is not allowed!

Being a very good liar also helps a lot.

fokyc

• reniaa
    reniaa

James 2:5
    Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit