When and should I tell my family I am pregnant?

by Free yet lonely 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    I don't believe any children are illegitimate.

Amen to that!

• Heaven
    Heaven

BTW... Welcome, Free yet lonely! And congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! Glad to hear you're never going back. Look forward in life. You have so much to look forward to.

but really how can they hold a grudge like this long term?

A very long time. They can because they are indoctrinated into a cult. I have seen it first hand in my own family.

• yknot
    yknot

Babies are so wonderful!

I personally wouldn't tell them anytime soon due to the emotional stress it could bring in your delicate condition. I never revealed any of my pregnancies until 6 months (and showing) because of negative JW comments.

The fact that you weren't even called about Sis's wedding is very telling. So I suppose you could wait until your last baby shower if you think they would send gifts but that said it might be for the best to send a baby annoucment card after delivery.

Is BFs family more supportive?

Maybe join some nice prenatal groups too (lamaze, excerise etc) for additional support and love.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

First - Congradulations!

Now... to try to answer your question. It's a toughie. On one hand - you want to keep family in the 'loop'. On the other... since they have not been keeping you informed of other family events...

I think if you decide to inform them - wait until your stomach settles a bit - when you can keep food down. That way you won't toss your cookies all over your mom.

Or... it might make a great introduction to your news... "brrrrrrrrrriiiipppp!!!!" {wipes mouth} "Oh. By the way, mom... I'm pregnant. Here's a wipe for your shoes."

Regards,

Jim TX

• Free yet lonely
    Free yet lonely

Yes my boyfriends family are amazing and so happy - very lucky!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's hard to say because every family is different. If there is any chance your family would use this to lay a guilt trip on you or hurt you in any way, then I wouldn't tell them. I would tell them only if I was certain they would be supportive.

W

• Free yet lonely
    Free yet lonely

Well I agree that I should wait allthough I do like the image of throwing up all over the disaproving family!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Why ruin it...Just surprise them...

• Free yet lonely
    Free yet lonely

They definately will not be supportive, even when I was a good jdub they were not supportive!! tried there hardest to talk me out of going to uni and also moving out. When I bought my first place they would not even come and see it!! Have had a hard year living on the bread line and they did not try to help when I told them we were struggling. Things are looking up money wise now tho x

• Farkel
    Farkel

I woud wait until after the baby is born. That way, they won't be so surprised.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit