The Void!

by BloominMarvellous 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Everyone has great advice so far. Part of your void is because you've had your life planned for you by the WTS. Now it is time for you to plan it. It is YOURS afterall. Look forward to the things you wish to accomplish. This is a journey and won't be solved overnight.

I would also recommend you read Stephen Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and "First Things First". These will help you look at the whole picture of your life, from your Physical (To Live), Emotional (To Love), Mental (To Learn) and Spiritual (To Leave A Legacy) needs. It is wholistic and it works. This is where I find the WTS fails. They do not have a clue as to what 'True North Principles' are and what the complete and true needs of people are. They have their own agenda and the well-being of their people is not part of it.

• Free
    Free

Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. (Henry Miller)

Henry hit the nail right on the head with that one.

• Free
    Free

Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in all directions? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we do lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.( Henry Miller )

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

Thank you for all your fab advice! I will hope to put some into practice x

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Always be cautious of when you leave one cult of finding "another".

Moderation is life is the key.

Except for Love, either you love or you don't, but with most things, being moderate allows you to enjoy without repercussions.

Its like being an addict and trading one vice for another, many people have addictive personalities, one must be watchful of such things.

Sometimes when one leaves the comfort of anything, especially soemthing that was "totaltarian" in nature, we feel lost or alone or a void is present where routine and regiment were before, typically people fill that with activites and new ( or old) friendships and for many that is fine and enough because their void tend to be one of sociality, but when one leaves a spiritual cult, it is far harder to fill that void.

Some "ignore" it by adapting the view that it is not there, there is no God, or salvation or whatnot, this works for some.

Others end up in another faith based system, and this works for some.

Others float around because neither of those options are enough or realistic for them.

ALL must eventually find themselves, which is the hardest thing for anyone to do, but...what a heck of a journey !

• The-Borg
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't have any more advice to add. But think of it this way; the millions of jws who will shun you are easily eclipsed by the billions of others in the world who will not shun you!

• poppers
    poppers

Whatever "void" you are experiencing it is somehow related to a mental position you are taking. The old way of thinking is no longer valid and something else has yet to replace it. So ask yourself, "Is my identity dependent upon what is in the mind?" This is an important point that people usually overlook. What that question is really asking is "Who/what am I really?" Beyond what you think you are is something else entirely, so find out what that is. Someone mentioned learning to meditate - that's a good first step.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm so sorry you are going through this. A coping mechanism for me was to come on here a lot, lotsa walking and reading. A friend would force himself to go out even if it was just to sit in a coffee shop and read the newpaper. But if you can bear to be alone, its a good time to develop quiet enjoyments on your own that you never could do in the past. Also time will heal

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

Thank you once again

I have ordered 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' and have just started reading 'Crisis of Conscience' so that should help me a little.

Thank u I really do appreciate it x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit