I have to put my doggie to sleep today.....

by Alana 20 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Last Year I lost my Pug, Nikko.

At the end due to a bad bout with pancreatitus, he was Blind and taking insulin 2X a day.

He was an awesome little guy, I still miss him....

The Lord gives us strength so that we can face adversity and see his love in our lives.

This year my wife decided to get a little Yorkie, Maya.

The kids love her and as much as I miss Nikko, I love that little rat too :D

• nelly136
    nelly136

it might not feel like it but sometimes letting go is the kindest thing to do.

whatever her life was before you can at least know that she had at least two really good years with you being well looked after and someone to make sure she went peacefully.

• freeman
    freeman

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our black Lab “Kelly” a few years ago to cancer. Here is a link to a site that will help.

http://www.forevermypet.com

Freeman

• VIII
    VIII

Very sorry to hear this. It is really hard to lose a pet, I know.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry to hear about your doggie..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss, and God bless you for taking in a stray!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Oh Alana honey...you have always been there for me when I have lost my pets over the years. Im sending you a BIIIIIIIG animal loving hug! Keep on adopting honey. You gave that pup a wonderful last couple of years and we all know they KNOW they are loved!

DH, lovesmenot

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear about your loss.

• InOregon
    InOregon

That is the greatest love you can give your dear sweet pet, letting her go peacefully. I feel for your pain. I have been there myself. I still miss my little Jasmine kitty. My thoughts are with you.

• Alana
    Alana

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I know it was the right thing, but I bawled like a baby. My husband, daughter & her friend, and I were all there to let her know we loved her and all were touching her & comforting her as she went. My husband had already dug her spot on the hill in our yard where our other precious doggies are buried (oh, yeah, and my daughter's mouse, who also had a "funeral"....which I did attend, but not out of love for mice--which I fear. lol). My husband had filled the bottom of the grave with a 1" layer of Rose of Sharon flower petals...for his furry princess. I still cry some, but when I got online today and saw all the comments, it truly helped me cope. I cannot thank you all enough. Bless you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit