Does the WT warn against reading the Bible?

by Hope4Others 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Actually, the WT encourages daily Bible reading. The Brooklyn Bethel even has the sign READ GOD'S WORD THE HOLY BIBLE DAILY, as is pointed out at http://nicodemusjw.blogspot.com/2008/05/read-gods-word-holy-bible-daily.html

Spike, you are plant wrong I am afraid :(

The WT does not endorse reading the bible individually or in small groups or any website save their own, including the one you posted.

Their own publications say all those things clearly!

All the best,

Stephen

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Sounds like the old days of Cathelism, the Vatican back then (and some still do) thinks they're the only ones that can interprete the bible. In the old days, possession of the bible was punishable by death.

Yiz

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Stephen, I attend twice each week, and read all the current WT publications.

Yiz, Catholicism, and that like, aren't like the WT, that's for sure

• Chalam
    Chalam

Stephen, I attend twice each week, and read all the current WT publications.

That figures. How do you feel about the WT being your mediator before the Father?

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Stephen, I mentioned my views on the relevant Topic. Peace out.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Spike,

Would Jehovah mislead you if you read the bible alone without the Watchtower?

Yiz

• freeman
    freeman

Oh no!!!! Holy crap Spike, you’re morphing!!

Folks, it sounds like Spike is reverting back to the thinking of Christendom. Have you been reading the Bible alone? Do you realize Spike that you just said that Jesus ordered the Holy Spirit around?

" the holy spirit that he said he would send "

The Holy Spirit is subordinate to Jesus. Wow, cognitive dissonance and all can’t stop the truth from being revealed, even if the very stones themselves have to speak!

Thanks Spike for this great insight.

Freeman

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

That video was awesome.

Is the author a member, here?

• androb31
    androb31

"God's Word [Jesus] speaks to his disciples through the holy spirit that he said he would send, just as he promised them that he would"

Does He speak to you Spike? Or are you not one of his disciples?

• androb31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit