Does the WT warn against reading the Bible?

by Hope4Others 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hope4Others
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Sorry having a little difficulty here.....errors.....

Anyway, I love this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPF-jXwZXZs

Lessons Learned:

1. Only the WT can explain the Bible

2. If you check to see if your being told the truth, you are like Satan

3. If you read the bible by itself, you'll stop believing what they tell you....

if after 2 years you read the bible by itself you will be in darkness....this was in a watchtower he quotes.....

h4o

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yeah pretty cool. Here's some points I noticed.

1. The WT forbid studying the original Hebrew and Greek to test the accuracy of the NWT!

2. The WT say reading the bible or alone leads to the "apostate doctrines".

Thus once again, JWs are similar to Mormons, i.e. you have the bible, plus a book(s) to explain it.

The Moromons have the Book of Mormon. The JWs have all the books and CD-ROMs to explain the bible.

He has some good vids with in depth topics not covered extensively elsewhere. The ones on the WT and Nazi Germany for example.

The only problem is the author clearly show the WT is not the way, the truth and the life but neither points to it, i.e. Jesus John 14:6

All the best,

Stephen

• Robdar
    Robdar

It did when I was a member. Iif you start reading your Bible without mother telling you how to interpret it, you just might find out she doesn't know what she is talking about. God forbid--you might even grow spiritually.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Actually, the WT encourages daily Bible reading. The Brooklyn Bethel even has the sign READ GOD'S WORD THE HOLY BIBLE DAILY, as is pointed out at http://nicodemusjw.blogspot.com/2008/05/read-gods-word-holy-bible-daily.html

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

They encourage reading it WITH the WT interpetations in mind.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Hope4Others good points:

1. Only the WT can explain the Bible

2. If you check to see if your being told the truth, you are like Satan

3. If you read the bible by itself, you'll stop believing what they tell you....

if after 2 years you read the bible by itself you will be in darkness....this was in a watchtower he quotes.....

And one other thing:

If you read ONLY the Bible and you find out that a certain teaching of the WT is not based in the BIBLE and you disagree then you are part of the EVIL SLAVE CLASS, no matter if the WT after few years will change their point of view and agree with you!!!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

God's Word [Jesus] speaks to his disciples through the holy spirit that he said he would send, just as he promised them that he would

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I guess forbidding must be a incorrect word.... Perhaps cautions, deems unnecessary etc would be a more balanced and correct wording.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The problem with them and their "encouragement" is that they have endless small print and footnotes on this.

I can hardly imagine Jesus cautioning his disciples on Bible reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit