Read My Dads Crazy Email Trying to Make me Panic bout Armageddon!!

by foolsparadise 29 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

My mom emailed me and asked if they could come to town and go to our district convention with us. I politley said no thank you we wont be attending. We havent been to meeting in a long long time. My dad wrote me the following email trying to scare me in a nice way?

Hi Son,
    How you n' yours doin?

Wasn't last weeks WT great!
    It is fun being the Tower overseer. I have to study it twice!

The comparison of the warnings that Jesus and Paul gave in the book of Hebrews (30 yrs after Jesus) and a warning that will come from the Faithful slave at any moment about exactly what to do when the trib. starts blows my mind.
    I never thought about Pauls letter to the Hebrews having to do with something the Slave will declare to us either in a letter or the Tower. I think a letter because it is faster.
    The part I like was how the Hebrew Witnesses in Jerusalem recalled every detail (due to their faithfullness to Jehovah in meeting attendance) of Jesus instructions 30 years before. Flee to the MOUNTAINS!. Not just flee when you can get out, but to the MOUNTAINS. They went to Pela, in the mountains! Such faith! That detail must have been used in every meeting part for all those 30 years, just like all of our meetings.
    I doubt we will be told to go hide in the mountains but somewhere in Jesus instructions there will be an order for us that the slave will discern and pass along to us just at the right moment. We may have to just respond without hast then and there and leave the kindom hall all at once just like the Witnesses in Jerusalem! Another point I liked was (can't remember if it was in the same issue or where ) that we are not in the last days... but, the last hours of the system. Amazing. I have never heard that expression before. Now if I can just pay attention like the Hebrew witnesses did!
    Love you Son, give the family my love,
    Daddddd

This is coming from a guy who has no heatlh insurance for he and my mom and self diagnoses his mental illness by ordering prescription drugs from canada without a doctors note. Looks like I'll get back to meetings this week cause now this world will be ending any hour. NOT. I remember growing up they said the end of this system is right around the corner, then it was right in front of us, now its hours away. WOW. Brainwashed slaves. I had to hear this kind of bull my whole life from my dad. He used to walk around the house saying "Weve started living forever already, we will never die". He is now 60 and my mom is 59.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sad and sorry you have to go through this kind of stuff. I wouldn't even begin to know how to advise you on a response. Since he has problems with mental illness, maybe it would be best just to ignore the email.

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Yes. i ignore all of his emails when he goes off like this.

• cognac
    cognac

I doubt we will be told to go hide in the mountains but somewhere in Jesus instructions there will be an order for us that the slave will discern and pass along to us just at the right moment.

I would have liked to say, "Yes Dad, but what if they tell us to all head to some place and then they get new light that that isn't the place to go after the big A already comes. So, instead, we all die and then we get screwed out of being able to get married in the new system. What then? I don't want to be in the new system if I can't be married. I think you stumbled me. You have 1 week to go to the elders about stumbling me or I will."

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm really sorry you have to go through this, foolsparadise. What kind of mental illness does your dad think that he has? What medication does he take?

I'm just curious.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I have realized that older people who have been JW's for years now really need something / anything to maintain their spirituality.

Just like a drowning person will grab anything within their reach, it sounds like your dad is grabbing anything that sounds realistic

to him.

My dad is a little like this,(my Mom recently died, and the spouting off of JW ism's can get overbearing at times.)

so I just bite my tongue and let him believe what he wants.

Taking away the only hope he has could be devastating to them !

• Mary
    Mary

Good lord.

Smileys

Taking away the only hope he has could be devastating to them !

Exactly. This is why I generally don't say a whole lot to my parents about it. To them, this religion is 'the only hope for mankind'. They're in their mid 70s now and they need something to hold on to.

• oompa
    oompa

my dad is wt conductor for thirty years......i called him about paragraph 4 last week......he also hates they say we are deep in the last days when there is not a single scripture that says how long the last days may last!!!........ask your pa for a scripture as to "where we are in the stream of time"........any hint of it is out the window without a real generation of life from good ol 1914......i used to buy into that.......but it is gone since 1995........so HOW THE HELL CAN THEY STILL BE SAYING IT IS SOOOOO CLOSE WITHOUT ANY..ANY...ANY....ANY SCRIPTUAL SUPPORT!??!?!...IT COULD MATCH THEIR OLD SIX THOUSAND YEARS OF FRIKKIN CREATION FOR ALL THEY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...HEAD EXPLODED.....OOMPA

but i love my dad.....he never hangs up on me....and always says he understands how shit like that bothers me..........and ya....even says he loves me.......

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I doubt we will be told to go hide in the mountains but somewhere in Jesus instructions there will be an order for us that the slave will discern and pass along to us just at the right moment. We may have to just respond without hast then and there and leave the kindom hall all at once just like the Witnesses in Jerusalem!"

Sounds a bit like Jim Jones, eh? Anyone want some kool-aid?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I live in the Mountains..In the Wilderness..

The average person would die here..

Anyone who thinks they can just go live in the Wilderness,is out of thier mind..

..............OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit